Chapter 1

Prologue

>>Narrator<<

This is the year 2023, Ryan is a Sophomore at Kordon High and people found out he had powers just two years ago in middle school. He was defending against some bullies when he released an electrical aura that had pushed them away. When he went back home his vision got blurry. He had glasses at the time so it was obviously hard for him to see. He went into his room and took his glasses off. He saw that he had horns growing from his forehead.

He didn't know what it was, but when he got angry the horns grew. Eventually rumors started to spread. They called him monster or beast or dragon, they even went so far as to call him a demon. After a while he just let them be. He always tried to ignore them and every time they pushed him around he always felt like fighting back. Whenever he clenched his fist, a surge of electrical energy always went through his fist and the horns continued growing back.

He was the odd one, the last to be picked, the weirdest of the community, "The Ugly Duckling" if you will. He had very few friends/acquaintances. Either they didn't like him, or they just feared of what he could do to them. Everyone always hesitated to talk to him. The only people that didn't were the transfer students... before they knew about him anyways. After they found out he went back to being lonely. Same old routine every single day.

Chapter 1

Sidetracked

Tomorrow is school. I've been researching the world of supernaturals and other myths. We have technology, but I'm not efficient in technology. I usually just go to the library and read up on myths and legends. All I see is magic, spells, martial artists, secret techniques, demons, exorcists, and dragon slayers.

In my spare time at school I usually search up on those topics. Most people make fun of me and call me nerd, geek, or bookworm. I learned not to care what people said.

A few months later. It's already fall season over here. I entered my classroom and sat down at my assigned seat. The teacher gets up and announces a new student. Our class is a merged class for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.

"Today we have a new student. This here is April Jenki. Everyone be nice to her. April, you could go sit next to Ryan Leviath. Ryan raise your hand." says the teacher.

"Here." I respond dull.

"Don't be intimidated by his appearance ok? He may look scary, but he's a good student... probably," the teacher replies.

She walks down and says hello to everyone. They get up from their seats and introduce each other. I stayed put. The teacher tells everyone to get back to their seats. She continues walking and smiles at me.

"Nice to meet you neighbor, I'm April a pleasure meeting you!" she says enthusiastically.

"..." I don't respond.

"How rude! She's a complete beauty!" someone scoffs.

"Psst! April don't bother, he's not the type to socialize. Plus he's got trust issues from people in the past," a girl in front of her says.

Two periods pass by and it's 5 minutes until lunch starts. I rush through my homework before the bell. The bell for lunch rings and I pack my things quick and speed over to the cafeteria. I rush ahead so I don't have to wait after a long line. I pull out my ID card and grab my lunch. I start walking out of the cafeteria and go to my usual spot in the shade. It was occupied by a few preps so I walk around looking for a place to sit and eat. The girl I use to like waves over and greets me.

"Hi Ryan, how you doing?" she asked.

"Hey, I'm doing ok I guess. How about you Katherine?" I try to avoid eye contact while asking.