Chapter 15

Chapter fifteen:

[Jake’s POV]

I paced the hallway of the hospital waiting for a damn doctor to stop in front of me and tell me what the hell is going on with Sasha. I ran a shaking hand through my already tousled hair and heaved a sigh. This wasn’t helping.

I walked over to the elevator and hit the up button. As I waited, a tall voluptuous red head came to stand by me. Everything about her screamed fake and I suppose could be any plastic surgeons’ miracle. Her hair was bright red, obviously not natural, her face was flawlessly painted with make up and her body curved in all the right places... also not natural.

I crossed my arms over my chest and wondered why the hell the elevator was taking so long, then mumbled ‘finally’ when the doors dinged open. Being a gentleman I let her walk through first and hit the floor where the canteen was before asking her floor.

“Oh... same as you” she smiled brightly.

I grunted in response and stared at the metals doors. The doors chimed at every floor and more people flooded in. I squashed myself into the corner and with every new person the red head shuffled closer to me until our shoulders touched.

Finally we hit the ground floor and I pushed past people not caring if I was being rude, I was too wound up to care. I stuck my hands into my pockets and walked straight to the cafe for a strong coffee. This was exactly what I needed. I sat down at a small metal table and sipped at my coffee letting my mind wonder what the hell happened to Sasha and why she was bleeding so much.

A loud scraping next to me shook me out of my thoughts and I saw that the red head had pulled out the chair next to me.

“Mind if I sit here handsome?” she smiled holding her own coffee. I obviously glanced around us and saw about ten empty tables then looked at her wondering if she was being serious.

“Go ahead” I replied. She grinned and sat down on the chair crossing a leg over the other making her skirt creep up her thigh. As soon as she settled into her chair and leaned forward to make conversation I stood up roughly and walked away. I seriously wasn’t in the mood for women like her. I drank my coffee as I made my way back to the emergency entrance and took out my cell phone to call Jenna.

“Hello?” she answered groggily. I winced when I realised that it was three-thirty in he morning and she was obviously sleeping.

“Jen... I have bad news”

“Bad news...?” she asked slowly. “What do you mean?”

“It’s Sasha... She...” I sighed, “Jen, Sasha’s-“

“Oh my God...! She told you didn’t she?” I frowned. She told me? What the hell did that mean?

“Told me what?” I asked curiously.

“Uh... that she... quit her job... in Australia” she replied hesitantly. I furrowed my brows at her tone. Jenna was never that good at lying and I knew she was hiding something from me, but for the moment I let it slide.

“Uh...no. I went over to Sasha’s apartment and found her bleeding on the floor so now I’m going out of my mind here in the hospital waiting for a damn doctor to tell me what the hell happened and how she is!!!” I cried into the phone getting louder with every word.

“Shit! I’m on my way right now!” She yelled back. I heard the door slam and the line went dead.

Jenna was running to my side within fifteen minutes, “Has the doctor been here yet?!”

I shook my head. “No, not yet” I held her elbow and sat her down on the uncomfortable plastic chairs making sure she faced me. “You know something. There’s no point in denying it because you suck at lying. Now what aren’t you telling me?”