The Epilogue

Niall and Louis are woken up by a ruckus at the door to their dorm room. It was the last day of school at Stanborough and they at least wanted a normal amount of sleep after Sophie’s party the evening before.

Now, all they had to do today was graduate; that sounds a lot easier than it is though, it means closing a chapter of their life that has just been freshly opened to them. It means going on to university and ‘real life’, it means leaving behind amazing and caring people that have become your best friends and support system over the last couple of months.

Louis groaned as the banging on the door continued. “Niall, go get it…”

There is only one more thing in the world that bugs the hell out of Niall, aside from people who don’t know who Rose Tyler is: whining. He couldn’t bare the sound of it all; it reminded him of nails scratching across a blackboard (unless he was the one doing it, of course).

The blonde slugged out of bed and moved toward the door. He twisted the handle just as the annoying wakeup call diminished so when he opened it; the perpetrator was nowhere to be seen.

Instead there were two small boxes on the floor, Niall sighed hoping that it wasn’t another scavenger hunt, he seriously wasn’t in the mood with how hung-over he was. He picked up the two boxes and toted them back into the dorm, sitting with them in hand at the end of Louis’s bed.

“Lou… looks like we have some special deliveries.” Niall coaxed his friend awake and Louis tentatively opened his eyes.

When he saw the two boxes in his friend’s hand, he threw the cover over his head to hide away from the impending adventure they would inspire. He was too tired for adventures today.

Niall laughed at his friend’s similar reaction to the boxes. Clearly neither of them wanted to participate in any of Sophie’s games today. But, Niall just couldn’t resist his curiosity, so he set down Louis’s and began to tear his own present open.

Louis peeked out from underneath the blankets and saw Niall opening the package. He suddenly wanted to see what was inside the box, as well. He grabbed his own box and tore of the paper that covered it.

“Whoa…” Niall muttered, looking at the rustic leather bracelet that had been hidden inside of the present.

Louis took out a matching one from his package and turned it over in his hand, looking for an inscription to indicate whom it might be from.  Sure enough on the inside were these words:

Stanborough Saints 2011-2012 Football Champions. NH-ZM-LP-LT-HS-ES

Niall’s breath was taken away as he realized he’d been included on the memorial bracelet. The likely gifter was Sophie and Louis soon noticed a message at the bottom of the box:

Hello boys,

I invite you to my home for a morning of brunch. We have some things planned and don’t worry, there will be mimosas.