P.O.V. : Khaos

( Listen to "Ashes" by Céline Dion)

         The explosion from underground sent everyone flying. Most of them were okay. None of them had been near where it went off. But there were spears and arrows flying everywhere. Swords bashed together. Demigods ran around checking each other, patching each other, saving each other but my mind went to Is Percy okay? I remembered he'd been flying a Pegasus earlier. Since he was able to speak to them it made for a good coordinated attack. But somewhere to my left I heard Annabeth scream "Percy!". After that, everything seemed to slow. Especially the shattering of my world. I looked up to see a passed out Percy falling from the sky quicker than I wanted him too. He'd been the target of the explosion. Jason was struggling to his feet. The enemy was fleeing but my heart was as well. I spread my wings wide, I think I knocked a demigod in the face with one. I flapped my wings and jumped off the ground flying towards him. Some of the enemy archers tried firing at me. Others yelling "Traitor!". I didn't pay attention. I grabbed Percy like a bride. Another explosion went off and I closed my wings around us as we fell towards the ground. He felt limp and dead in my arms. I opened my wings when the all of the flying materials were done going up from the explosion. I landed us safely on the ground. He was still in my arms. I closed my wings ans sat down waiting for him to yell "Psych! Oh bro you really saved my demigod butt right then" But he didn't. Then I did something I never thought I'd do. I cried. I cried hard and sobbed. I held his face close to mine. Another explosion went off and I wrapped my wings around us again so little light came through. I sobbed as my tears hit his body. I laid him down in the water when I realized it could heal him. There was still a chance I could get him back. I was Khaos. I was neither God nor titan. I was creation, more powerful then Gaea or Uranus combined. I began the universe and I felt like ending it. Percy had shown me friendship, and they took that from me. I stood with my wings spread. I flew turned towards the enemy, all standing there watching me. They had regrouped and were going to attack. But they all stared at me. Their monster eyes were fixed on my broken wings. "YOU. WILL. ALL. DIE!" I screamed and ran towards them and took flight. I created a scimitar from my void. The first thing I've created from rage in a long time. I held a shield with medusa's face on it. Like the one Thalia had. I cried out in anger. Ten monsters gone.... I cried out in rage. Another ten gone.... I cried out in loss. A minotaur and a giant gone.... My allies cried out in victory and joined me in the fight. I would kill every last one of them. NO monster was leaving alive. I attacked, I sliced, I diced and flipped. I fought and fought and fought. I helped Jason, I helped Hazel, I helped Piper, I helped Frank, I helped Leo, I helped Nico, and I helped Annabeth. The enemy began to flee once again. Everyone else cheered. But I chased after them. I yelled and screamed taking one after another out. Their dust getting into the cracks of my armor. "You will all die!" I yelled again. "Kace!" Someone yelled from behind me. "All of them!" I yelled. "Kace stop!" They yelled again. "Never! They will all pay!" but my adrenaline was wearing off. I'd never felt more mortal. My heart was broken into thousands and thousands of pieces. My head hurt, my body ached, my emotions were in crumbles. I never had felt like this. I could go on forever if given the choice to finish the rest. I did not die from exhaustion, but perhaps heartbreak was the key. I collapsed onto my knees as the last monsters ran and flew away. I sobbed once again. I sniffled but the tears kept coming. Why was I like this? Why was I acting like a hero? Why was I acting like some passionate demigod? Why was I acting like I cared so much? Who cares this much about so much anyway? Why did I care so much?

"Kace" The voice knelt next to me and held me. Held me in their arms. Their gentle hands taking my weapons away and holding my hands after. I couldn't see their face through my tears. "It's going to be okay Kace, It's going to be okay" They said. But I was too exhausted. I passed out, like a mortal. But all my subconscious would show was the blood coming from Percy's head. The scratches across his body. The cuts so deep into his skin that even ambrosia would take a long time to heal them. The way he felt heavy and weak in my arms. He felt tired and exhausted in my arms. No matter how many metal and glass scraps were embedded into my body, I will never feel a more excruciating pain then the loss, of Percy Jackson.