Chapter 2

K- I woke up the next day to a very strange noise. It scared me so bad that I fell off of my bed.

I walked over to my window and find my neighbor, Harold, mowing his lawn.

"Hey! Stop mowing your lawn! Some people are trying to sleep!" I yell in annoyance. But when I check my phone I see that its 12 o'clock. "Whoa."
My parents hate it when I wake up later than eight, but since they get up at five for work, they never notice. Unless of course, I sleep until two when they both get home.

M- I woke up at one o'clock because Kate was rapidly texting and calling my phone. I turned it off and went back to bed annoyed with her.

I finally got up at three and I went over to her house to see what was wrong. But the bad thing is is that her parents don't like me...

K- I knew Maliah was here when I heard my parents disapproving tone. I walked down our long stairway and found my parents blocking the doorway and Maliah trying to get passed them.

"Excuse me but can I talk to Kate?" She asked.

"No she's grounded." Came my parents curt answer. I decided that I would rescue my friend from my parents.

M- I then see Kate hidden in the gap in between her parents scrawny arms. "HI KATE!" I then push through her parents with ease. "What's up?" Her parents turn around and give me a weird look like I'm insane. "Wanna come over?"

"Uh but I'm grounded." she replies.

"Well it's not her fault you guys got soaked in ketchup now is it?" They exchange glances and nod there head.

"Well I guess your right." Said Kate's father.

"Well thank you Mr. and Mrs. whatever your last name is for allowing Kate to come over to my house." I say as I grab Kate's and head out the door and walk to my house.

"What are you doing?" Kate said.

"Taking you away from imprisonment."

K- She doesn't even know my last name... Huh.

Maliah thinks my parents are strick, which they kind of are. But her parents are the opposite. They don't care what she does whatsoever. When I think of it, I sometimes wonder how we even became friends in the first place.

She drags me to her house and opens the door. I almost faint at the sight. Her parents are doing yoga in the middle of the living room. Yoga. Her parents. My eyes.

"Whoa!" Maliah yelps and covers my already burning eyes with her hands. "Mom! Dad! What do you think your doing? Your killing my poor friend!"

I can't tell if her parents are embarrassed and stop or if they continue, do to my temporary blindness, but knowing them, they are probably smiling at our reaction and are about to invite us to join them. My friends attempt to save me was too late. I'm already blind. Smoke is coming out of my eyes, I swear.

"Yoga," Her mom states. "A man on the street told us about how good it is for you. Would you girls like to join us?"

"No!" Maliah replies then drags me into her room and uncovers my eyes. I look up at her with a horrified look.

"My eyes burn," I tell her.

M- I couldn't help but laugh. Kate's sitting on my bed rubbing her eyes telling me they burn.

"Hey Kate." I said plopping on the bed beside her.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Well you know that guy you like?Cody?"

"Yeah, what about him?" She asked, looking a little nervous.

"Well, he likes you back! And he wanted me to ask you if you want to go to the movies with him Saturday, which is tomorrow." I said grinning.

K- Cody likes me! He's like, one of the most popular boys in school and the quarter-back for the football team. Oh, and lets not forget the most important part. He's hot!
"When did he tell you this?" I ask.

"My parents made me go shopping to get a water gun because one of theirs broke, wonder how that happened. While I was there I ran into him."
I was so excited I felt like I was gonna scream. I couldn't stop the smile that crept on my face.

M- "I take that as a yes. But I forgot to mention its a double date. Zach and I are coming with. He asked us to tag along because he's nervous." Zach and I have been dating for about a year now and he's also captain of the football team. He use to be quarterback until he got in his accident and couldn't play the season.

Also he is the most popular and hottest guy in school. And I love him. "Hey I'm throwing a party on Sunday. Make sure your able to come, and don't get in trouble. Well, more trouble." I said and laughed and playfully pushed Kate.

She laughed back "Hey I have to go before I do get in trouble." she bounced off my bed.

"See ya tomorrow." I said and waved and she waved back. Waving. Why do we even do that? Like... Ew no. I shake my head and wince as Kate screams and storms out of my house. Oh yeah, yoga...