believe

---Adam--

"andrea is.. she's. . fine.

I was exploding with guilt, inside and out. Andrea was going through all this pain? If I were her, I'd punch myself. I would get so fed up but she hasn't ever said anything to me. I couldn't handle it. I quickly hung up on the doctor and ran downstairs, got in my car, and sped. Towards Andrea, towards the girl I betrayed, towards the girl I love.

--Andrea--

I woke up in a weird room, it looked like some kind of weird sci-fi movie scene. Wait. Was this the hospital? Shit. 

All of a sudden, my breathing became frantic and erratic as the events which have happened yesterday flooded through my mind. I started to yell and scream as my body just slowly started to fade away. 

The door suddenly opened, leaving a heavily breathing Adam in my sight. He was panting, his face was red and most importantly, he was carrying my notebook? My breathing slowly calmed down to a steady pace as I looked at him in fear. 

"Please don't hurt me. I'm begging you Adam." I stuttered between a few words but managed to croak it out. Adam then strided over to me, squatted down with a sad smile on his face and said, 

"I promise I won't hurt you. Ever. Again. I was so stupid to have ever hurt you in the first place. I'm such a little bastard. I made you want to kill yourself, I made you cut, and made you feel horrible. Now it's my turn. I feel so bad doing those things to you Andrea. You may not forgive me, but I promise you, you will have a reason to smile again. I'll be that reason." 

I held back the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes like a waterfall. This time, I knew he was telling the truth. I could see it in his eyes and just the way he talked. I didn't say anything. I closed my eyes and showed him a small smile. I think he understood because he got up, slowly bent down and gave me a hug. He didn't say anything either. He didn't need to. At that moment, I felt amazing. I forgot about every fucked up thing in the world.

Later that day, I was released from the hospital. I was cautious not to see any of Adam's friends and made my way home. 'Frick! My dad's going to kill me!' 

I made my way down the road, trembling as I thought of what my dad might do. I slowly turned our cold doorknob and found him sitting on the couch with something in his hand. It was some sort of drug, I thought. It was lit up and it looked like some sort of giant cigarette. 

My dad then saw me. He put the giant cigarette in his mouth and walked towards me. He started screaming,

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? YOU WERE WITH A BOY, WEREN'T YOU? A LITTLE SLUT EH?"

I started to shake. He grabbed my arm, took the drug and stabbed the lit part