Her mother

"So where's her mom?" I asked sitting on the couch next to Harry. It had been a long week full of anticipation and to say I was glad it was the weekend was a huge understatement. I thought waiting until I could take a pregnancy test wouldn't be a big deal, but I was so wrong. I was distracted all the time and the only thing I could think about was if I was pregnant or not.

"It's probably better if I told you the whole story starting from the beginning."

"Uh okay?" I replied unsure of what he was talking about. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come over his house ALONE. He seemed pretty harmless at the mall last week.

Stupid Alexia, why are you always so trusting.

Stop assuming. It's not like he's done anything-

Yet!

Shut up, both of you!

"Her mother and I first met when we were freshman's and we fell madly in love. A couple months later we found out she had cancer and her only one wish was to have a baby. Her parents didn't approve, but mine did and so she moved in and we started trying for a baby. It took a couple tries, but she finally got pregnant. She gave birth and got to saw her baby girl before she passed..."

I didn't know what to say so I stayed quiet, hoping he would speak again.

"So what about you, tell me something about you," he finally spoke.

"Well I was a pretty happy normal child until I got to high school and everything changed. I found out that my best friend had sex with my boy friend and I dumped her."

"Are you and the guy are still together?"

I nodded answering his question, although he didn't seem pleased with my answer.

"Where's your daughter?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"My mom and dad took her out, they'll be back any minute now. Then you can officially meet Kayla and my parents."

An awkward silence of 10 minutes went by before we heard the door open and close. I heard talking get closer and closer. Harry glanced at me before standing.

"Harry?"

"In here mom," he answered.

I turned toward the door as it opened and I saw Harry's mom and dad and his daughter.

Everyone's eyes were on me and I couldn't help, but feel insecure.

"This is Alexia, the girl I was telling you about," Harry spoke as he looked from his parents to me.

"Well nice to meet you Alexia. Are you staying for dinner dear?" His mother asked.

I looked at Harry unsure what to say, but he didn't seem to notice, leaving me to answer his mother.

"Um yeah thank you," I nervously answered.

"Aw, don't be nervous Alexia. We want you to be very comfortable around us," Harry's mother said smiling.

I nodded and smiled back at her before she turned her attention back to Harry.

"Well dear we took Kayla to the park and she's tired so I'm sure she'll need her nap soon, but I suggest you bathe her first," Harry's mother said. "I'm going to start cooking, Alexia make yourself at home."

"Come on Alexia I'm gonna show how I bathe Kayla and around the nursery and then the house," Harry took his daughter from his mother's arms and took mine.

"Don't have too much fun", Harry's mom said before grabbing her husband's hand, leading him to the kitchen.

Harry's parents seemed okay with everything. I mean they were okay with him getting a girl pregnant on purpose at such a young age.

"Why are your parents so accepting of things?" I asked.

"Well that's how they were raised, I mean they don't let me do whatever I want like do drugs, but they usually support me with what I want to do-"

"Like having Kayla?" I interrupted.

"Exactly like having Kayla and it turned out to be a blessing," Harry answered smiling to himself.

"I think I'm pregnant..." My eyes widened as soon as I realized what I had just revealed to Harry.

"What?!"

"Haha, just kidding Harry," I nervously chuckled. "Not pregnant. Who's not pregnant? Me that's who."

"Are you pregnant?" Harry's voice asked. His demeanor had changed as well as his voice, so when he asked if I was pregnant his voice sounded husky and deep.

"Nooo," I replied with a nervous chuckle.

I had no idea why I told Harry I might be pregnant. No one except the girls were supposed to know. What if Harry told people?

"Alexia...?"

"Ugh, Harry yes I might be pregnant. Okay," I responded taking a seat on the floor.

"Okay, so I'll show you how I bathe Kayla."

I wasn't sure how I felt about Harry just completely ignoring the situation. I have to admit I was kind of relieved I didn't have to talk about it, at least not now anyways.

Why should I worry about it though, I might not even be pregnant. Though I hope I am, I might not be and I shouldn't have to bother Harry about something I'm not sure about.

"I'll ask my mom to get you a pregnancy test."