Couch

He was practically running though the streets trying to get home on time before she did what she always did when he was late. But by the time he got back to their apartment it was to late. She was curled up on the couch, her sky blue hair falling over her face hiding her closed brown eyes as she slept silently on the white couch that was way to fluffy. For once though Gajeel liked this couch because it made her look like an angel, and when he says for once he means every night he's late coming home. He reached down with his ruff calloused hand and moved some of the soft hair from her angelic face. He reached down and picked up her petty form carrying her in her gray nightgown to bed. He lay her down on the black sheets and pulled the blue blanket over her as he lay her head on the dark orange pillow that she had bought for herself.

He sighed as he kicked of his shoes, heading for the shower to get the smoke smell off of his person. Because of his job as a firefighter, he often came home smelling like ash. He didn't know it, but as he walked into the bathroom a brown eye opened and watched his retreating form as a smile slid onto her face and she barried herself back into the pillow and waited for her loving boyfriend to climb in bed and without meaning to cuddle her close.