Two•Hurricane Lucas

The winds started howling louder than a lions roar. You couldn't even hear yourself talk. I was sprinting towards my house yelling, "Run!" At the time the hurricane came, I was locking the shed and cleaning up the backyard. I jumped inside and shut the door. We lived in a beach house so the storm was crazy mad. I quickly stepped up each 12 steps to get to my room where everyone was huddled up in. My mom, my dad, my brother and I sat there quietly on our sleeping bags listening to the storm ragging on. Not long after that I heard windows and furniture turning into piles of debris downstairs. Elliot stood up to see what was happening but was yelled at. "We have to stay right here!" I heard my dad demand.

After a long night, I woke up to silence. I crept out of bed to see the damage. Power lines were down, buildings were crushed, and the road was cover in piles of trash so you couldn't even see the asphalt. That's when a giant tide ran right into my body and carried me out to the water. "HELP!" I saw my dads head from a distance for a split second and then a wave crashed on top of me and suddenly I lay there on top of the water and my eyes shut.

The next thing I knew, I couldn't hear anything but the water. This was the end. Soon I would sink to the bottom and never reach home. After five long minutes, the worst became terribly horrible. A whirl pool. "No, this can't be happening, it's just a dream, just a dream." The whirl pool sucked me into it's blue mouth and I held my breath for all I was worth. I spun around in circles. Then, black.