Chapter 6

OH MY GOSH!!! That was the biggest writers block i have ever had!!! Sorry that this chapter isn't that long and that it kind of sucks. Thank you for reading, though :)

     As I started to wake up I could feel a cool breeze running over my body. I shivered and said

“Jasmine, did you open the window?”

A couple of seconds later I heard someone snicker and kneel next to me.

“Yes, I thought the room needed to be aired out after you stunk it up with your morning breath. It’s truly god awful!” said Jasmine.

I knit my eyebrows together and opened my eyes.

     I was looking up at Bryant, whose face was beat red. He started laughing and fell onto his back. I looked around and realized we were at the training fields.

Then he turned to me and mimicked Jasmine’s voice perfectly and said

“Btw, you’re late for training with Bryant.”

“How’d you do that? No, that can wait. Why am I here? How’d I get here?”

“You were late, and I figured you were rested up, so I came to get you. That girl was pretty surprised to find someone as handsome as me coming to get her boyfriend out of her apartment at 5 in the morning.”

“You Douche pickle! I was sleeping soundly with a hot girl and you come in and took me away?”

“Douche pickle?”

“Aw, it doesn’t matter. The sooner I get done training the sooner I can go home.” I said standing up and brushing the dead grass off.

“You know the first exercise.” Bryant said and went to poke me.

     Like a ninja I dodged and poked him. I smiled and thought that I wouldn’t have to run. I was wrong. I ran 20 laps. I was bent over and wheezing when Bryant came running up.

“What was that? That was the slowest running I have ever seen!”

“You…gasp….run....gasp….that…much!” I finally exclaimed.

“Whatever, it’s time for more entertainment, uh, I mean high ropes.” he chuckled then started walking over to the high ropes course. I followed, reluctantly, and made my way up the stairs.

     I passed the first level easy then climbed another level. I could see the familiar poles spaced throughout the course. I winced as I remembered the hit, but pressed on anyway.

     I put one foot in front of the other. After a couple seconds I made it to the first pole. A hand shot out around my face I ducked and moved on, thankful I didn’t fall. The second pole was a few feet after the first and came all too soon. This time two hand shot out at my stomach and face, but I flattened to my stomach and crawled forward.

     I finally made it to the first landing. The next challenge was a tight rope. There were two poles set up again. As I slid past the first pole, all three hands shot out. I didn’t know what to do, so I squeezed my eyes close and imagined myself on the other side of the pole. When I opened my eyes I was on the other side. I looked down at Bryant, scared that he would be mad that I didn’t dodge, but he just nodded approvingly.

 “Quick thinking.” He yelled. “I didn’t know you could think.”

“Ha ha, very funny.”

“Yes, it is pretty funny.” He said smugly. 

     There were still two more poles spaced out before me. I inched farther until I reached the pole. Again, all three fists shot out. I wanted to pass this one with my own strength, so I dropped. Before it was too late I grabbed the rope with my hands so I was just hanging by my fingers. I swung farther, not even having to dodge the third pole since it was above me.