One

"Nice speech." I told my step father, Trevor, taking a bite out of my pepperoni pizza. I pulled my mahogany hair out of my face as I took another bite. No one likes hair in their food.

"I hope that isn't sarcasm." Trevor replied with a smirk.

I put a hand to my heart dramatically, "I wouldn't dream of it!"

He was about to reply when an ear piecing shrill cut off all communication between us, "Ashley!" She yelled.

I spun around, my green eyes spotting my friends.

"Lacy!" I giggled as she ran up to me, engulfing me in a hug.

"It's been to long!" She laughed, tucking some of her golden waves behind her ear.

I pulled away, smiling a big cheesy grin, "enjoying the party?" I motioned to the crowds, people talking, eating and dancing.

"I can't believe your brother is twenty one already." She breathed, glancing at my steal brother from across the crowds, chatting to one of his friends.

"Step." I corrected sternly before continuing, "Yeah, my Trevor has gone all out this year."

"Well, it's his twenty first, it's expected. Especially if it's the mayor throwing the party." She giggled.

"True." I agreed, before I caught my step brothers eye, "Let's go wish him a happy birthday."

I dragged my friend through the crowds, over the dance floor and past the teaming crowds of fangirls. That's expected though right? The cute son of the mayor is bound to be popular. In this case, most popular at the university.

"I hear you're legal." I smirked, nudging him on the shoulder.

"Surprising, I don't fancy getting wasted." He laughed, nudging me back.

"So Marcus, are you going to be a gentlemen and get us a drink?" Lacy smirked towards my step brother.

"Well technically, I would be breaking the law... Which would look bad on my father, but it's my birthday, no one will mind." He smiled a cheeky smile which uncontrollably filled my stomach with butterflies. I smiled back an equally cheesy grin, pushing those feelings to the back of my mind.

I know what you're thinking. Eww, you like your brother?!

Well, we aren't blood related, his father had married my mother. But, I don't exactly like talking about what happened to my mother. It's a bit hard.

"Well, if you want that drink, you better come with me ladies." Marc smirked, walking towards the bar, Lacy and I tailing close behind.

The bar looked out of place in the flash modern club. Trevor had rented out the entire thing for the party, so only a select few could enter. The bar was polished walnut wood with a burgundy place mat stretched along it.

The stools matched the bar, walnut seats with burgundy cushions.

Behind the bar, there were rows of assorted alcoholic drinks and above were classes hanging from bars.

"Three orange tequilas please." He asked the bar tender, flashing a smile. Of coarse the bar tender giggled at his smile, nearly every woman did.

"Of coarse." She smiled, twirling her brown hair as she turned to find the bottle of our drinks.

"Good choice Smith." Lacy commented, nodding in approval at the beverage choice.

"You've had this before?" Marc asked, his eyebrows up.

"Yeah, it's my favourite." Lacy chuckled, before flashing me a grin, "hers too."

I blushed slightly, I want known for any bad girl ways. Marc gave me a shocked expression, "No way."