cinco • water bottles

Nick

I woke up to Alesha snoring and a pizza crust laying next to me. I checked for my phone looking at the bright ass screen.

5:56 A.M.

I groaned standing up from the ground walking over to the bathroom. As I walked down the dark hallway, I bumped into someone.

"Oh shit," I said dropping my phone. I picked up my phone and turned on my flash so I could see the person.

"Nick what are you doing up so early?" Alex said rubbing her eyes.

"You're the one who ran into me."

"No, I couldn't see. It's dark as fuck and I don't have my contacts in. I left my glasses at home too." She said while crossing her arms around her chest.

"Okay just stand here, lemme use the bathroom real quick and I'll help your visually impaired ass back to the living room without stepping  on somebody." I told her before going inside the room she was standing in front of. When I was done I opened the door to Alex still standing in the same spot.

"Hey Nick, I was wondering how the malls look like around here. I mean I can't necessarily shop in them but I could work there." She said looking up at me, "Ew, the sound of working doesn't feel right."

"I have work today actually. I work in the mall at-"

"Foot Locker, yeah you told me." She interrupted.

"So you do listen and don't blank out thinking about cash and diamonds."

"I mean, not all the time but the ones you got on are really nice." She said while touching my necklace. She was way too close to me and I had to act quick before anything got physical knowing my mind set.

"Hey wanna do something fun?" I said grabbing her wrist and dragging her into the kitchen.

I handed her a water bottle and guided her back to the living room. When we got there Jess was awake on her phone.

"Come record this shit." I told Jess indicating what we were about to do, "Alex you gotta count." I whispered to her and she nodded.

"One, two, three." Alex counted off right before we drenched Taymor and Jay with water.

"Oh my fucking god, y'all play too much." Tay said taking off the wet blanket.

Alex and me were sitting there cackling like wild ass little kids. Jess started to laugh to as she replayed the video.

"Yo send that to me. Imma post it on the gram." I told Jess while still laughing.

"Okay but who's Nahmir?" Alex asked looking down at my phone as I posted the video

"It's his alter ego." Jess said laughing and I pushed her into the wet couch where jay was sleeping.

"No it's not. It's just how I liked to be called." I clarified.

"I like that," Alex smiled at me.

Fuck stop looking at me, don't do that bitch. Your fine ass teeth and shit. Eyes sparkling, I'd really take her out on a date then fuck the shit outta her.

"What happened?" Alesha said waking up.

"Bitch you late as fuck. Why you gotta be like that." Jay said looking over at her.

"I'm just a deep sleeper," Alesha shrugged.

"And a loud ass snorer too." I said scrunching up my nose.

"I thought it was only me who heard that. I thought it was the weed getting to my head." Alex said.

"Uh, none of that." Alesha said pursing her lips together.

"Aye Nick we gotta leave man. We start work at 8 today right?" Jay asked me while looking down at his phone.

"Yeah, I gotta go home and get my uniform." I told him walking over to the front door and putting on my slides.

"What am I supposed to do?" Alex asked while putting on her shoes as well.

"We can go hang out at the mall too. There's a bunch of fines there. Especially on the weekend." Alesha told Alex.

Yeah they're fines, I mean I'm gonna be there.

"I gotta go home and get dressed anyway. You just wanna meet back up at Jay's house?" Alex asked her and she nodded, "Okay then take my number and call me when you get to the house."

Jay opened the front door letting Alex walk out and him follow. I closed the door behind us as Jay clicked the car remote to open the doors.

"Is there any open positions at your job?" Alex said from the back seat.

"Are you serious?" Jay asked.

"I need a source of income." She shrugged.

"Then I'll talk to the manger later." Jay said.

____

word count; 783