naive

───
I'm not one to plead, no
I'll just let you go
───

A/N^bc dom and rora baby give me 1968 romeo and juliet vibes edit: not because of death because of the aesthetic omfg chilllll

A/N
^bc dom and rora baby give me 1968 romeo and juliet vibes
edit: not because of death because of the aesthetic omfg chilllll

───

Dominic

Dominic takes his time crossing through the crowded flat, effectively ignoring the stares burning down upon his back and shoulders. The image of Aurora being in a place like this clouds his mind until he has to force his legs to walk slower, take the time to garner control over the innate reaction which threatens to shatter his composure.

He feels it start in his chest and trace down his arms to his hands where he clenches his phone in a death grip. Anger. At Olivia for even just asking Caspar to use his flat for the stupid party. At Caspar for saying yes. By the time he reaches the kitchen he is nodding absently to a few of Caspar's mutual friends, a few colleagues which try to steal his attention from where they stand against the counter, while the teenagers continue their imminent destruction of the entryway and living room.

"You trying to rush, Dominic?"

This captures his attention. He turns toward the bar to see one of Caspar's colleagues lean back in his seat before discreetly pulling a plastic bag of white powder from his suit jacket.

His jaw clenches painfully at the five of them before turning toward Caspar.

"Aren't you supposed to be chaperoning?" he asks quietly, but loud enough for them to hear if they listen closely enough. It's more effective than yelling.

Caspar lifts his shoulders in a shrug. "I'm more alert this way."

Dominic clenches his left fist so tightly it burns, his eyes focused intently on the lines of white dust on the counter before shaking his head, turning back toward the patio doors.

"Unbelievable."

"Is it though?"

"There's kids here."

"Actually," Caspar cuts in, "Aurora is eighteen years old today."

His eyes darken at the sound of her name. "She's not the only one here, Caspar."

And Caspar is standing, his expression darkening at the accusal in his tone. "Really? Cause you could've fooled me, the way you walked in here like you fucking own the goddamn place."

Caspar was always more confrontational whenever he smoked. This time, Dominic chooses to  let it go.

He disappears around the corner, the stares he can feel burning down on his shoulders from every corner of the flat. And ignoring the voice in his head telling him that this was always a lot easier whenever he was high.