Dumbledore Dispute

Harry was walking down the hallway, putting up the blocks in his mind when his concentration was again interrupted by Neville Longbottom.

"Harry!" he said, huffing and puffing as he caught up to him, "Wait, I f-forgot to tell you the p-password!"

"Do you remember the password?" Harry asked with a smirk because Neville was very forgetful and it was often comical.

"Of course! I-it's...uhhhh...it's..." Neville suddenly looked very embarrassed, in a truly very comical way. Neville up to his old tricks again.

"Hold on," said Harry, stopping to put his hand on Neville's forehead. He could instantly see deep into the boy's mind, sifting through memories and information. And there, deep down in a warehouse of other forgotten stuff, was the password to Dumbledore's office. Harry smiled nicely to the bewildered Neville. "The password is Hot Dog Cremes."

"Wow!" said Neville incredulously, "Thanks Harry."

"No problem, Neville," said Harry, turning to go to the office again. Neville continued walking beside him. Harry was a bit annoyed, wanting to concentrate on his strategy with Dumbledore, but he didn't mind because it wouldn't take him long to figure out something brilliant.

Neville was rambling about school stuff when they passed by Blaise and Pansy, probably waiting to be able to see Draco again. Neville and Blaise suddenly looked at each other. It was a very strong look.

Harry watched as Neville's eyes narrowed a bit and a slow, sly, smouldering smile came to his lips. Blaise's eyes widened and he looked down at the floor, suddenly giving forth a quiet, nervous giggle. Pansy smirked knowingly, like she knew what was going on.

As soon as they had passed the pair, so had the moment. Though Harry could see Blaise looking at Neville for a long while with a longing sort of gaze.

"Got a little crush, Neville?" said Harry. Neville turned very red.

"N-n-n-no! "W-w-why would you t-th-t-think that! Uh! I have to g-go! B-b-bye!" said Neville before quickly turning a corner and running away. Harry chuckled to himself, shaking his head. He didn't need his amazing, expert skill at Legilimency to tell what was going on. People were so obvious sometimes.

Harry used the password to open the office. He probably could have opened it without it with his power, but he didn't want to show his true power just yet. His mind was prepared, he'd put up his blocks. But he hadn't blocked his mind completely. He let through thoughts that he wanted someone trying to read his mind to see, so they wouldn't think he was trying to block his mind. It was like a dam, where most of the water was blocked but some could get through at the top. Or it was like a coffee with a cute, harmless design made into the steamed milk on the top. But it hides the searing hot truth underneath, anyone who sipped too deeply would get burned by the hot coffee beneath. Or like a poisonous snake, who seemed like it was smiling at its former friends, but whose fangs were folded up until it was about to bite. Harry was ready.

He opened the door to the office and strolled in, noting that Ron and Hermione were here too. Interesting. "Hello Albus," Harry chirped cheerfully, "Is anything wrong?"

Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled manipulatively. "Not at all, Harry, my boy," he said innocently, gesturing to a chair next to Ron and Hermione. Harry sat down comfortably, smiling fakely to Ron and Hermione before turning back to the headmaster.

"I'm not exactly a boy, anymore, you know. And please, call me...Lord Hogwarts." He laughed silently to himself while keeping an honest smile on his face.

Dumbledore's face faltered a bit, but he quickly regained composure, threading his bony, spidery, long fingers together. "Ah, yes of course, Lord Hogwarts, my...man." He cleared his throat. "Your best friends ever, who've always supported you, have just brought up some concerns." The old man gestured to the treacherous duo of Ron and Hermione.