Art Class

Ludwig sighed as he walked down the stairs to his next class.

"How the Hölle did I get placed into art class?" He wondered.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a streak of brown and had half a second to brace himself before he found himself being smothered by an affectionate Italian. Ludwig quickly pryed his friend off of himself. Looking down, he met his short friends hazel gaze.

"I'm so happy we have this class together." Feliciano said, his nearly ever-present smile seeming to grow larger.

"Yes, well...." Ludwig trailed off as he noticed that the lighting in the art room was dim.

"The school needs to fix these lights." He quickly said.

Feliciano blinked, turning to look at the art room.

"I think it's fine. It's not as bright as everywhere else and is easier to see."

Ludwig found himself mesmerized by the large, hazel eyes that were observing him. He found himself speechless as he gazed into those amber pools, so full of kindness and compassion, yet they held wisdom of one who has experienced great pain and sorrow. Ludwig had to once again remind himself that the little Italian Nation before him was quite a bit older than he was, that this little Nation before him had experienced more plagues, death, and war than he had ever seen.

Ludwig was so entranced by Feliciano's eyes and his melodic voice, that he hadn't heard what the little Italian had said. He was woken from his reverie by a tenor voice.

"Feliciano, get away from that pervert potato-head!" Romano yelled as he dragged his twin away from Ludwig.

Ludwig was about to protest but stopped when he noticed a mischievous gleam enter Feliciano's eyes.

"But Fratello, you never complain about Spagna touching you. Why is it that you can call my friend a pervert, when you let Spagna have his way with you?"

A dark blush covered Romano's olive skin. At the sight of this Feliciano smirked, knowing he had struck a chord.

"Y-You...." Romano stuttered in anger.

An expression of mock surprise crossed Feliciano's features.

"Me? Innocent little Feli. What could I ever do?" Smirk tugging harder on his tan-pink lips. "You forget Roma, we are twins. I know how you think." He purred.

Ludwig was shocked, never had he seen Feliciano act this way. Romano's disposition had steadily become darker until he snapped and lashed out at his twin. Ludwig could only watch as the siblings rolled around the floor fighting, neither one gaining dominance for long. They had not fought for but a few moments before a man rushed over and pulled Romano and Feliciano off of each other.

Ludwig soon recognized the man to be the twins grandfather, who was also the art instructor.

"Why is it that every time I turn around you two are at each others throats? You two together are the same Nation! Prohibere! Vos ambo sunt Italiam! Now behave yourselves!" He stated before releasing the twins.

"Stronzo." Romano scowled, muttering under his breath as he pushed past Feliciano.

"Cagna." Feliciano muttered back.

"I thought I said behave." Romulus warned his grandchildren.

Feliciano slightly pouted before turning back to Ludwig. Feliciano's demeanor immediately changed and he was back to smiling.

"Come on Ludwig. Come sit with me." He said as he pulled the taller Nation along behind him. Sitting down, Ludwig noticed that Ancient Rome hadn't gotten up to teach the class. He just sat behind his desk leafing through a book and occasionally glancing up at the class.

"Isn't he supposed to be teaching the class?" Ludwug questioned his companion.

"Nonno doesn't care what we do as long as we end class with something to show for it." Feliciano replied as he picked up a pencil and began to draw.

"But I can't draw." Ludwig muttered quietly under his breath.

"Don't be so pessimistic. You just need to practice." Feliciano replied, startling Ludwig who hadn't thought anyone could have been able to hear what he had said.

Sighing, Ludwig visibly deflated as he picked up a pencil, uncertain what to draw. He settled with trying to draw an oak tree. Struggling, he tried to keep the image in his mind. Each line he drew, however, just wasn't right. It never looked how he wanted. He sat back in his chair, sighing annoyedly. this caught the attention of Feliciano who was using the pastels to finish his drawing.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Ludwig was about to reply when he looked up and saw that Feliciano had pastel all over his arms and hands and a little on his face. Ludwig struggled to fight the smile that was tugging at the edges of his pale lips.

"You are covered in pastel." Ludwig quickly pulled Feliciano from his seat.

"Let's clean you up before lunch begins."

As they walked past on their way to the door, Rome merely glanced up before returning to his book, a small smile on his lips. Romano glared daggers at Ludwig as he watched him leave with his twin.

As Ludwig escorted Feliciano to the restroom to clean him up, they ran into Kiku and Elizavetà. Elizavetà immediately whipped out her camera and began taking pictures. Feliciano's smile widened at being the center of the camera's attention. Ludwig quickly pulled Feliciano away and pushed him towards the restrooms. Feliciano, having closed his eyes again due to the bright fluorescent lights, nearly walked into the womens restroom. Reaching fast, Ludwig grabbed Feliciano's collar and pulled him away from the womens restroom.

"Not that restroom, dummkopf." He scolded.

"Sorry, I didn't see where I was going." Feliciano said sheepishly.

Ludwig just pulled him into the mens restroom. Sighing, Ludwig pulled several papertowels from the dispenser and got them wet.

"Honestly, how do you manage to get it all over yourself?" Ludwig said as he gently grabbed an olive toned arm and wiped the colored pastel powder off. Grabbing the other arm he repeated the actions with the first, before removing the smudges on Feliciano's nose and cheeks.

"There. Let's get back to class." Ludwig said as he disposed of the used papertowels. They quietly began the walk back to the art room.

As they passed an empty classroom, Ludwig felt a strong tug and found himself being pulled into the room. He was about to protest when he felt warm, soft lips press against his own. He was shocked for a moment before he found his lips melding with those of the little Italian below him. Feliciano tasted sweet, like honey and tomatoes. Ludwig pushed closer, desperate for more touch.

Suddenly the door flew open and the sound of a camera going off several times reached Ludwig's ears. Ludwig backed away in shock.

"These are going in the yearbook!" Elizavetà happily shrieked as she darted off. Ludwig's face turned bright red, while Feliciano only laughed. Grabbing Ludwig's hand, Feliciano happily dragged his new boyfriend back to class.

And they were happily ever after. Or at least for an hour, before Romano found out.

......Author's note......

I have never seen anyone with olive skin blush. I have olive skin and I can't blush, therefore I am not sure if people with olive skin can blush.