Chapter 1

Chapter 1

///Authors Note; Thanks for reading! This is my first story on here, so critique is strongly advised. Also, I know my tabs are spaced weirdly in some places. I'm sorry about this. It won't be like this in the next chapter. Please and thank you!///

///This chapter is dedicated to the girl who made my cover: @nineOclock <3 I love it and she's fabulous at what she does. Thank you again if you read this!///

Everyone calls me the Princess of Roosevelt High School, but I don't think that's exactly true. I mean, yeah, I am the most popular girl in school and everyone loves me, but that doesn't make me "royalty" does it?

Maybe it does. I'm not particularly sure, but oh well.

Even though they all call me a princess, I'm certainly anything but a princess. I wake up with the worst morning breath you could imagine and I am not the most lady like girl out there...except when I'm in school. 

I'm not afraid to curse like a sailor and tell someone when I don't like them. I'm pretty blunt, but I try not to hurt anyone's feelings. I still like to be nice and sweet to everyone. Since I have this need to be kind to absolutely everyone, I have a lot of "friends".

Even though I have all of those "friends", I have the two best friends in the world: Rachel and Stacey. These girls have stood behind me since my braces and glasses days of middle school. And goodness, were those ugly days. I'm just glad they weren't embarassed to be seen with me. 

Along with a nice school life, I have a fairly nice home life. My dad is a lawyer and my mom works as a nurse in the local hospital. I’m not the wealthiest person in this town, but we don't struggle with money. I don’t have any siblings, sadly, but my parents make sure that I don't worry about much. It may seem like I’m spoiled, but they don’t give me everything. I still have chores to do around the house and an allowance I have to earn. 

Not all princesses have to work for their money, now do they? 

That's what I thought.

“Hey Hannah, you in there?” one of my best friends, Rachel, asks as we’re walking down the hallway, our blonde hair flowing behind us. 

I blink, realizing that I’m still at school, “Yeah Rach?”

She gives me a weird look, but shrugs it off as she continues to ramble, “Oh good, you’re listening. Anyway, are you going to George’s party tonight? Everyone is gonna be there! It’s gonna be so much fun!"

“I’m not sure if my parents will let me tonight.” I state with a sad tone, “It’s a Wednesday. They don't necessarily 'approve' of me going to parties at all--let alone on a school night."

“Oh come onnn!” Rachel whines, “It’s gonna be the party of the year! You have to be there! It’s not a party without the Hannah Jones!”

I shrug, trying to ignore her last comment, “I’ll try and ask them. Or I can sneak out if they say no.”

I never said I was a saint, now did I? I chucked to myself as we arrived at my locker. I opened it while Rachel continued to babble about the party tonight.

I honestly don’t get what that girl loves about parties so much. It’s just a bunch of teenagers getting drunk, high, and having sex in weird places. I only go to dance, personally.

As I get my AP Literature textbook out of my locker and fix my hair, Stacey, my other best friend, comes up to Rachel and I to join the conversation.