Chapter 7

Chapter 7

                   It was eleven o’clock and I didn’t know what gave me the nerve to ask Erik out on a walk. Like what were we going to talk about? I’m pretty sure we were about to kiss back there and I’m not sure if that was right or wrong since I was just on a date with Kitch an hour and a half ago. Erik was wearing this tight red shirt that outlined his chest and it was already bad enough that our bodies were together while his shirt was off. We walked around the complex and around the sidewalk.

 “So you never answered my question” Erik was talking to me and I was running through my modeling show and our talking to see what question I missed.

“What was it?” I asked giving up and interrupting the silence. I figured it was about Kitch and I was prepared for anything he through at me. He couldn’t stop me from going out with Kitch again.  

“I asked if you like him. Or the date..?” He said slowly. He wasn’t looking at me but off into the distance, scared of my answer. An answer I wasn’t sure of.

“It was..okay. He is a project.” I said. Those words sounded soo..wrong. Erik grabbed my hand and weaved his figures through mine. I looked at him in question.

“As long as it’s not official. For now” He shrugged. I smiled and let our hands stay weaved while we walked. It was dark outside now and it seemed almost romantic.

“You know I will fight for you though?” He said after a while. I was shocked at his words. Fight for me?

“It won’t be hard. He is kind of a player” I said.

“I know, that’s why I don’t like you with him. I can’t tell you what to do and what not to do, but I wish you would be careful” He said.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Why are you so protective of me?” I asked him. He wasn’t acting like the Erik I first met. He was annoyingly overprotective.

“I don’t know”

“Act like you, yourself and worry about me in silence. I like that Erik not the over protective big brother” I said. Erik stopped and smiled at me. He breathed in through his nose and released out his mouth.

“You are going out with the player again?” He asked me suddenly all hyped up. I smiled as our connected arms swung back and forth.

“I think so, on Friday we might watch a scary movie” He nodded.

“Are you dating anyone?” I asked him. Erik laughed and I looked at him in question.

“I’m dating every girl in school” He said. “No I’m actually just watching one girl.”

“oh” i sounded disapointed and i wasn't sure if he noticed. 

“Yeah I think I’ve seen her in a towel before. She’s hot” Erik winked. I laughed out loud. I can’t believe he remembers the first day we ever met.

“So did you kill that bird because I haven’t heard it in a while” I said.

“You just haven’t been home. That damn bird is still chirping” Erik said. I chuckled.

“Maybe someday we could get a be be gun and shoot it” I said. Erik laughed.

“Your kind of violent.” He commented. I laughed because I knew I kind of was. We ended up at the pool.

“Want to get in?” Erik asked his shirt already on the ground. He jumped the small fence that surrounded the pool area.

“Are you crazy?” I said. Even though he was wearing basketball shorts I was wearing jeans and a shirt.