Chapter 9

Monica smiled down at the prince, taking notice in the inches he'd grown since he arrived at the Oasis Rouge. Meanwhile, Gael did his best not to look directly at his caregiver.

She'd been staring at him in silence for the better part of an hour as he scrubbed wears against a washboard. Her lips stretching in shrinking as the wheels in her head turned. Finally, he could take the suspense no longer and broke the silence.

"What is it?" He questioned. Monica grinned, her teeth showcased, framed with a dark red.

"Take me to the market" She demanded, nose pointed upwards. The prince stared at her. His eyes patiently waiting until they met hers to lead them to the bassing filled with laundry he was expected to have clean and dry by nightfall.

"I'm working" He informed blandly. Monica snorted and began lowering herself to the floor, she then rolled up her sleeves, took one of the boards that laid unused and began aiding him in his work.

"You shouldn't, your body-" Gael began. Though it had been a few days since she's was let out of that room,  nearly a week, her body still showed signs of her recent heat. She was thin, almost starved.

Gael had thought it normal at first, the girls that shared a similar cycle all came out appearing as fragile as fine glass. But they had all been cleared to work, while Genie refused Monica in worry for her health.

"My body is fine! It has always been difficult for me to gain weight after my heat" The caregiver repeated the words for the hundred time, Gael simply regarded her, not believing her talks but saying nothing as he worries in silence.

Monica sighed, grateful that there was someone that thought so much of her, yet slightly annoyed by his useless anxiety. Still, it was nice. The former maid took one of the cloths and began washing it, pointing her nose to the sky as she forced an ugly sneer.

"Either way" She began. " A prince such as yourself shouldn't be washing the undergarments of pigs!"

Gael smiled. His nails were chipped, his finger wrinkled, he wore a dirty apron with questionable stains and rat ate holes. The clothes he wore beneath it weren't much better. He didn't feel like a prince. He felt great!

"Let's finish quickly so we can go to the market" Monica urged.

......

"You've bought enough" The prince, sighed as he lounged around fresh wears and products that were bought at the caregiver's will. Most everything paid for with a bit of coin and some sweet words on Monica's part. It was unwise to underestimate the skills she'd gain in working at the brothel.

"Never utter those words to a lady Gael" She tisk, turning to glance at him, her arms swinging at her side, free of any of her purchases, where his were filled. Yet, she still leads the way to another merchant. 

"It only encourages her to want more" She teased.

When he truly couldn't carry anymore, they sat in a stall.

"We have never spent time like this before" Monica voiced as she eats her meal. She hadn't gained weight, but with the amount she ate, Gael was inclined to believe her claims.

"It would have been difficult" Gael pointed out, eaten his fair share."With the lives, we lead"

"You've changed," Monica smiled, pointing her fork at his lips " You smile easily now"

"You've changed as well" The prince returned her smile with one of his own.

"Have I?"

"You seem happy" He declared. Monica's smile widened into a grin and then fell.