Ch. 10 Goodbye My Love

I groggily rub the sleepiness out of my eyes, and attempt to open one, shielding myself from the glaring sunlight seeping in through the window. To my surprise, it's not sunlight I see, but the details of one gorgeous face studying my own. In a flustered flurry, my body jumps back, managing to slam my head into the backboard. 

"Ow.." I mutter, holding both hands to the back of my skull. 

Raven got a boo boo!  I hear Storm pipe up from someone in the distance. I knew Jade's mocking voice would soon come next. It was like a never-ending routine this whole trip. 

And all because his boyfriend was staring at him! How cute. She familiarly jeers. I almost want to snap at her and say, "Stop it, he's not my boyfriend!" But I restrain myself for two reasons. One, I don't want to seem crazy, and two, he actually is...but am I really good enough for that..?

"Are you alright?" Jayy's concerned voices pulls me away from my thoughts and my only two friends. 

"Y-yeah! I have a hard head, and it doesn't really hurt anymore, so you don't have to--" My words are cut off by the most unexpected this. A soft, fleshy feeling brushes against my lips in a sweet and tender way, causing my whole face to turn red as I realize Jayy's kissing me. I struggle to kiss him back, but I can't really say I'm a pro at this whole relationship thing.

"Good. I was worried," he says after pulling away, flashing as mischievous, but sweet smile in my direction. 

"Yeah.." I say dreamily for lack of anything intelligent left in my brain. 

"So, two days, huh?" Jayy leans back to his side of the bed.
"How much do you think we can squeeze into that time? A Disneyworld trip, maybe?"

I laugh at his obvious joke, covering my mouth while I do.
"No, definitely not enough time for that," I tell him between giggles. 

"Ah, is that so," he muses, getting up, and lifting off his shirt. My eyes widen, and I immediately turn my head. I'm not ready for this! I haven't seen a naked man since looking at myself in the mirror three years ago! I grip the sides of my head, shaking away the embarrassment to no avail. Slowly, I turn back around, face beet red, heart prepared, to see that Jayy was already dressed in a new outfit. My heart sinks into my stomach, and I sigh inwardly.

"I-i'm going to take a bath!" I say, rushing out of the room, and ignoring Dahvie's and Jeffree's greetings.

Ah~ Raven's such a wittow baby. Storm innocently mocks. Jayy has a really nice torso! So slimmmmm. Her pale cheeks blush a poppy pink while she gleefully splashes water at the opposite end of the tub.

Yeah, and he has muscles, unlike our skinny Raven here. Jade jeers, poking at my stomach.

"Yeah, I know the difference between us already! I'm short, he's tall, he's fit, I'm not, and all that." I sink into the tub more, causing Storm to back up in her spot.

"He's just so...so perfect! I can't even kiss him right, let alone look at his shirtless!" I sink even deeper, submerging my whole head in the sudsy water. 

But...should you really be worrying about that? I mean, you only have two days. And you two haven't even had s--

"Shhhut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up, I can't hear you. Lalalalala." I childishly cover my ears to try and block Raven out. The evil girl just smirks and stops talking, knowing I knew what she meant. Hadn't I told her that even kissing was hard?! She was insane!

"I'm done with my bath. I'm going to enjoy my two days left, and you two better behave, okay?" 

Okay~~ They rhythmically chime together. I can't really tell if they're being earnest, but I accept that.

For the next two days, Jayy and I went out on an amusement park date, had fancy meals, and spent the rest of our time getting to know each other. I felt like I was in bliss the whole time. Like nothing bad could happen, and nothing bad would ever happen. However, I was wrong. Something bad did happen. It was a couple hours before I had to leave for the flight with my brother when Jayy randomly asked,

"Why don't you just stay here?" I stand in shock, hearing those words ring throughout the apartment. Jeffree, still being here with Dahvie, also stays still in shock with his singing partner. 

"Stay...here?" I question. "What do you mean? Like never leave this place?"

Jayy nods in a matter-of-fact manner.

"Yes, that's exactly what I mean," he says earnestly. 

"B-but. I can't. I have to get back home..." I trail off, looking away from the older man as I see his expression turn into a frown.

"Koel will call the police if I don't go...and I'll cause trouble for my family, and my school if I'm not back..."

Jayy crosses his arms, definitely not happy with this answer. I flinch as if he'll strike me, which I know if something he'd never do. In the corner of my eyes, I see Jade looking at me with the weirdest expression. Like she was mad at me and puzzled at the same time. Storm as well.

"From getting to know you these past few days, those don't sound like good answers to me. You made it sound as though no one would care. That it would be okay if you were to leave and never come back. " I nod my head slowly at this words. Of course, I did say that, but I would still cause trouble were I to remain away.

"I care about you, Raven," Jayy continues, letting his arms drop and taking a step closer to me. "I don't want you to go. I want you to stay here. You're that important to me..." I squeeze my eyes shut to take a moment and process these words. Was Jayy...confessing to me? No...why now?

"I...I can't!" I kind of yell, facing the older man directly. A flash of pain crosses his eyes, taking in my words and troubled expression.

"I see..." He stays silent for the longest time. He even leaves for the kitchen to grab a can of beer, and glare at the snooping Jeffree and Dahvie. Meanwhile, I remain completely still, shocked. Jayy eventually comes back, a cold look on his face.

"Then I can't do this anymore," he states, taking a sip from the can. I look at him quizzically.

"We're done. Over." It takes me a moment to wrap my brain around his words.

What?

"Jayy! You can't mean that!" Dahvie exclaims, leaving his post in the kitchen.

"Shut up. I said it. I mean it." 

"I-i'm not...gonna be gone forever though..." I manage, Jeffree jumping up to my defense.

"That's right! The kid is underage. They call that kind of thing kidnapping these days. He has to go back too--"

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Jayy snaps, crushing the empty beer can and throwing it in the trash. "There's no point in a long distance relationship with a kid who met us by chance," he says. I can feel the water in my eyes starting to swell.

"You got that, kid? This relationship is over."

What...?