"Experience, Mostly"

"Are you sure you don't use any product," says a giggling voice that Harry deemed absolutely annoying at this point. "It's so beautiful! And soft!"

"I just condition it well. No secrets there," Draco Malfoy said in his usual drawl, but Harry knew he was relishing the attention and couldn't help grinding his teeth. Of course Draco enjoyed being complimented by younger guys it proved he was still fresh and gorgeous and marketable and he always thought Harry was being too kind. They were both in their thirties and Harry knew they were both too tired nowadays for a proper shag and that was probably why he was so on edge, but he was still gripping his mug so tightly that he was getting a cramp in his hand. His eyes were staring unfocused at the wooden table in the pub that he and his friends met at every week. There was a notch just below his glass where Ginny had almost stabbed Ron over a bet.

"Oh, I'm sure you have plenty of things you could share with me though, eh?" The guy, Travis, slid closer. He was one of the Junior Curse Breakers and he had taken to Draco almost immediately. He had cropped dark brown hair and wicked blue eyes and it wasn't long before he was joining their group for weekly pub nights, though Harry abhorred it. He was around so much Harry wasn't really sure why Draco hadn't already told him they were married. All their other friends knew. When Travis placed a hand on the blond's forearm with a sly smile, Harry looked down and remembered that Draco never wore his ring to work.

With a growl the air was buzzing with electricity. Draco looked up at Harry through his lashes with a smirk. Those grey eyes pleased. Harry narrowed his own and froze. He relaxed and looked away. Draco was playing with him, because Of fucking course he was.

"Travis, could you move your hand, mate?" Harry grit out, still not looking at them and Travis looked confused but sat back all the same, though he did throw an angry look Harry's way. As if he was disturbing his night.

An hour or so later when Draco was properly sloshed, Harry raised from his seat to take him home.

"Uh...Auror Potter," Travis said, because he still won't just call him Harry though he loved to say Draco's name as though it were so precious. Harry's anger almost inflated again. "You and Draco are close, aren't you?"

His first thought was to say obviously, sod off, but what he actually said was something more like "Er...yeah."

"Do you know if he's seeing anyone?"

"Well he has eyes, hasn't he?" Harry says still angry and drags the tired and bobbing blond out of the bar towards an apparation point so that they can go home.

When he finally gets him undressed and in the bed he stomps out to plop onto the couch because he knows he can't tell Travis they're married because then Draco's job could be on the line if everyone found out. He had applied as a single wizard, he was able to rise through the ranks easier that way. Wizards with family ties got more stable desk jobs, that's not what he had wanted. Even more than that, if people found out from anyone else, his pride would be on the line. He liked going to work in a place that he had worked so hard to get into without having everyone know he was married to the saviour. Harry couldn't take that from him. He wouldn't.

The next morning Harry Potter is walking towards his office as one of the head Aurors at the ministry when he notices the back of Draco Malfoy, leaning beside his door frame. He smiles, because Draco has to come to work hours before him, but still has time to stop by. He sticks a hand into his bag and pulls out a thermos of tea just the way Draco likes it, but as he gets closer he notices the blond isn't alone.

"Auror Potter," Travis Ackers says with a professional smile.

"Travis," Harry says trying not to bite the word out as an insult.