Ch.3: The New Boy

Chapter 3: The New Boy

"Wake up girls; it's time to get up!" Said Ms. Henry

"Ugh...!" The three of us groaned.

"Come on, it's Easter Sunday. We have to go to church today." She said

"Fine...!" We all said.

Alisha got up first, took off her purple head scarf and headed towards the bathroom. Ashley went back to sleep and I checked on my cell phone. I had 3 missed calls from dad, 4 missed calls from home, and 11 voicemails. I reviewed all the new voicemails and each one of them were from my father. He screamed in every single message, demanding me to come home immediately along with, "You're mother is going to kill you when you!" and many other threats.

Like that would make me want to come back home any sooner. My parents needed to learn that by yelling and threatening your child does not help the issue. It only worsens it and makes the child want to rebel against their parents word.

Alisha came out the shower and her mother came to pick her up so she could go to her community church. After she left I got in the shower. About 30 minutes later, I came out and got dressed with a blue criss cross spaghetti strap dress that belonged to Ashley's mom.

"About time you came out Claire. Mommy is ready to go!" Said Ashley

"Don't you gotta shower too?" I asked

"I took one in mom's room, no let's go!" Ashley grabbed my hand and we were off to church.

We entered this big arena looking place with a huge cross in the front. We had to park in a fully crowded parking lot and ride the church's bus just to reach to there. Once I walked in, the first thing I saw gift shop for souvenirs. We climbed up to the steps to the nosebleed section and sat down. The church was packed with was I assumed over 10,000 people. An hour later we left the church's Easter convention.

"Well that was...nice while it lasted I guess...I'm surprised that they actually had a gift shop though." I told Ashley.

"Nuh Uh, It was boring. I was about to fall asleep! What's the plan for today?" she asked.

"Hmm...Well while we were in the church, ATL texted me saying that he was helping out at the mall with some little Easter Sunday Festival thingy." I told her.

"We should go then. She turned around at her mom and said, "Mommy can we go to the mall?"

"Sure." Her mother replied.

We got back to the house, changed out of our church clothes and wore something more casual. I had on a hot pink shirt with a big multicolored peace sign on the front with yellow skinny jeans and black converses. Ashley put on gray ripped up skinny jeans with a purple and black shirt and purple converses.

"Alright mom, I'm taking the car, we're off to the mall" Ashley yelled out.

"Okay. Have fun and drive safely!" she replied

We got to the mall and couldn't find anyone there. The parking lots were empty and the mall was locked.

"That jerk made us drive here for nothing!" I yelled.

Ashley parked her car in the middle of the lot.

"So what do we do now? It's like 2pm, we need something fun for today." Said Ashley

"I don't know, call your boyfriend. He might be in Georgia this weekend." I suggested.

"Alright, I'll call Thomas." She replied

"Hey babe...! You in town...?"

"You are? Great!"

"Okay, love you too, bye!"