Confessions and Courage

Guys, let me just start out saying I'm so very sorry. I didn't know how else to end the crime without it being horribly sad... I mean c'mon it's a homicide. I promise this won't be the usual chapter, it'll be much better from here on out, well, until I have to resolve another crime. Maybe we should have Kiaser do it, she'd make it much funnier. Sorry in advance! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Soooorrrryyyyyy

VIERLING

There is a strong synthetic light burning through my eyelids. 

Violet, I'm trying to sleep. Turn the damn lamp off. 

Hold on…

…Right. Went to Wilson's. Got shot. Violet kicked down the door to save me. It's nice to have a powerhouse athletic crazy demon goddess like her in situations like those. Now, where am I? I sniff.

Yep, definitely a hospital. 

Opening my eyes, I find Leo and James standing in the corner having a heated discussion.

"Look, bro, I've known you for how many years now? 7?" James hisses. "Dude, we're living together! We don’t keep secrets like this! If you're withholding any information that may hurt Rosie or Violet, I could get you kicked out of the station." There's a shocked silence.

"How could you even say that?" Leo says softly, and I hear the hurt ring in every syllable. "James, what are you saying? Do I have to remind you of the countless times I've saved your life? And I care about these girls just as much as you do." He waves a hand in my direction, and I feel my heart flutter. 

Well, it's doing more of a Dutch clog dance, but you get the idea. I sit up slowly and try to reach a hand towards him.

Ouch. Huh, that must be the arm that got shot. 

I grunt in pain, and Leo and James whip around to face me.

"Rosebud!" Leo yells, and I hear joy replace the pain. He leaps to my bedside, lacing his fingers between mine. "Jesus Rosie, I know you like attention, but this may be crossing the line." I grin, using my good arm to punch him. I look up at James.

"Where's Vi?" I ask. He huffs.

"I offered to take over the case, but she's too damn stubborn. She's about to interrogate Tyler." My eyes widen.

"No! I have to be there!" I shout. James shakes his head and rests a hand on my good shoulder.

"Rosie, you need to take it easy. You lost a lot of blood. Violet will come back as soon as it's over." He says gently. I push his hand away.

"You don't get it! James, I got it all wrong! I need to talk to Tyler! If Violet interrogates him, he won't talk. Trust me on that." I had been thinking about it since I regained consciousness. None of it made sense. I had analyzed Tyler the first time we met, and the way he acted was not that of a cold-blooded killer. He must have had a part to play or he wouldn't have shot me, but he isn't the murderer. And I think I've figured out what happened. Plus, I'm the people person for a reason. Interrogations are my forte. 

Leo furrows his eyebrows.

"Rosie, you think you got it wrong? He's not the killer? And you've figured it out?" I nod vigorously. He sighs loudly. Helping me up, he grabs my jeans and undergarments that are folded into a neat pile on my bedside table. Pulling off the sweatshirt he has on, he hands that to me too. James and I both give him a blank look. 

"Put those on," he points to the clothes. "We're going to have a talk with this Tyler kid."

I struggle into the clothes while James argues with Leo outside the door.