Sweet Dreams

***Terra's P.O.V.***

It's only me, Jordan and Aaron in the car because Mr. Alpha wanted time to catch up with the princess. He didn't use those exact words, but that's pretty much how I interpreted his words. It was either that or blah blah blah because I wasn't listening too closely. That and I was already singing along with a song. I bet some people were thankful they're not in the same car as us.

 "Will you guys please shut up?!" Aaron groans, covering his ears with his hands.

Jordan and I have been singing to all of our favorite songs. Were we singing good? Well, not so much. Are we doing it on purpose? Just a little. Does my mate like it? Not. At. All. It's quite fun actually.

"You can't silence the man!" I yell, earning an amused look and a chuckle from Jordan. I look back at Aaron in the back seat with his arms crossed over his chest. He's leaning back against the seat and staring out the window with a grumpy look on his face. "Don't be sad that Jordan is cooler than you. You could at least have sung along." I reply, pulling my knees up to my chest and staring out the window.

He grumbles something incoherent, even with my wolf hearing that I can't make it out. Though, it sounds a little like 'turning my mate against me.'

I smile to myself and continue to hum along with the current song, Listen To Your Heart. It's actually one of my favorite songs. Ember and I used to do a duet for fun sometimes. She would play the piano while we would both sing it. It's always something I remember because it was the song playing when we met.

"Mother, I don't want to wear this." I complain, looking at the red dress. It looks like it'll go to mid thigh and the heart neckline with a few small ruffles on it. It's also tight so it'll show off my curves in the right places. It's not like it's a nice dress, it's just that I don't need every male wolf flirting with me all night. I'd like to enjoy at least some of my night.

"Atierra, you will wear it or I'll have the maids hide all of your t-shirts." I gasp. She wouldn't! Just because I hate dressing up doesn't mean she has to take away things I like. So, being the "good" daughter I am, I grit my teeth and nod in agreement. She smiles softly, acting like she didn't just threaten to change my wardrobe if I didn't wear a stupid dress. "I'm not doing this as punishment. It's just that you're a beautiful young lady and I think you should wear things that are a little more classy."

"I want people to like and know me for who I am and not who you try to make me be. I'm not your barbie doll you can dress up how you want." I huff, grabbing the dress from the maid. She looks mighty awkward standing here right now.

I hear my mom sigh tiredly before the clicking of her heels disappears from the room, but not before instructing the maid to help me with my hair and makeup when I'm ready.

Groaning, I go into my bathroom and strip out of the clothes I'm wearing. After taking a quick shower, I put on the stupid dress and drag my feet as I make my way back into my room. I admit, the dress does make me look nice, but just because my mom wears either dresses or skirts every day doesn't mean I will too. I don't care if I'm her only daughter, I'm my own person.

"You look very nice, miss." The maid compliments me as I sit down to blow dry my hair.

"Please, call me Terra. I hate formalities." I turn to look at her before I start. "What's your name?" She smiles.

"Karla."

"Nice to meet you Karla."

"Thank you mi- I mean Terra." She corrects herself and that makes me happy.