Part 1

Ella North thought it would be a great idea to bring me and my girlfriend, Kit along on a date with this guy,Jake, for their first date.  She's my best friend and tornado of energy, so she practically made us agree to go.  Ella said we should me them at the front of the restaurant at six.

I stood next to Kit in her living room, facing her over-exuberant mother who smiled gleefully, her hands clasped under her chin.

" You two are SO adorable."

"Mom, it's not like it's our first date."

"Oh, I know."  And  with that she ushered us out the door and on our way to the restaurant.

  When we got there Ella and an uncomfortable-looking boy, who I presumed was Jake.  Ella confidently got us a table and took Jake's arm, dragging him along.  Kit and I sat down in the red, leather booth next to each other and Jake and Ella took the other side.

After we ate our food Jake rushed to the bathroom, Ella giving him a weird look as he ran.  I put the looked at the bill and put in the money.  When Jake came back he looked at Ella, took a deep breath, and said,

"I'm gay."

"WHAT!"  Ella  almost yelled.

"It's not my fault you didn't know.  You basically forced me into this.  I tried to tell you, but you didn't listen."

"Oh," she said,"I'm so sorry.  I just got carried away," she said sheepishly.

The night ended fine, and soon we were all talking and laughing together, promising to be best friends.  We certainly did not expect that.

🎉 You've finished reading Open Prompt - Friendship in Technicolor-Pride Party 2018-An Awkward Double Date 🎉