This is Wind?

I felt a strange force gently hit my face. Is this what they said wind would be? I like it, it feels nice, and I can even smell something sweet.
Flowers? I wonder.
This place is very interesting, and I want to know more about this world, as much as I can. What is there to learn?
I looked around the field I stood in, remaining in the shade of a large tree. I felt the wind once more, closing my eyes and breathing deeply through my nose, smelling what must have been cherry blossoms. I opened my eyes and stared up at the soft blue sky, streaked with thin white clouds, and I lifted my right hand and raised it to the sky, wondering if I could ever reach it.
This isn't what I'm meant to be doing, I thought. I was told what to do, so I have to try. I have to use this gift and give the part of it not meant for me to someone else. But who?
I looked across the field and saw what seemed to be a large red gate, leading towards a trail that seemed as if it was long forgotten. I looked around the field once more, spotting something hidden in the underbrush of trees; a statue of a fox. Upon looking around, I found four more. I wondered how many were in this field, and I walked around the large tree.
When I'd rounded back to where I was before, I noticed something that I didn't understand how I'd missed; a small shrine within a small shade of trees. Flowers dotted the grass around it as it sat there, red paint peeling away. It must have been very old. Small writing on the shrine read easily to me, and I understood what the foxes were now for. I turned and began slowly walking towards the gate, listening to the nature around me. The path seemed empty and peaceful as I passed through the gate, and I felt a smile come to my face as I began to walk.

I walked for a long time, having not walked quickly, wanting to remember this scenery and part of the world, and then coming to an exit. I shielded my eyes as I passed through yet another red gate, this one peeling as well. Seeing the shides hanging from top of the gate, I tried to recall if the other gate had shides as well. My thoughts were interrupted as I came out of the trail, into the blinding sunlight. I winced, squinting hard until I could blink enough and adjust to the lighting of the new area.
Musashino, Tokyo.
I blinked as I read the sign. I slowly looked around, the light bouncing off buildings and cars driving by. People bustled along the sidewalks and streets, seemingly with no destination, just hurry.

1 Chome-20-12 Kichijōji Honchō, I heard in my head. Looking around as soon as it stopped, I heard yet another. Tokyo Gakuen High School.

I stared around the public park in confusion, not knowing in the slightest who was speaking. I blinked and nearly felt my heart stop.
The voice was a girl’s. Was she the one I…?
People yelling caught my attention. I turned to my left to find two people dressed in something. Police uniforms. I watched as they walked over to me, and they looked at each other. Looking back at me, I walked over to them. “Boy, do you know what time it is?” On asked me, almost scoldingly.
I shook my head quickly. “No… I do not.”
He frowned. “It’s 9:30,” he said.
“School is in session,” the other man said. “You should be in school, you know.”
I stared at them. “No, I… don’t know. I’m sorry.”
They leaned down to me and stared at my face, taking note of my glasses. “You really don’t know?” I shook my head. They stared more.
I made a quick decision. “I um… I’ve been homeschooled my whole life, so I have no idea… I was supposed to enter into a school today actually.”
They looked to each other. “But… it’s June!”
I nodded. “Y-yes, but well… um…” I felt myself grow uneasy.
The first one looked to me as the other softened their gaze. The second one spoke. “Well, we’ll take you to a school. Any specific one in mind?”
“Well….”
“There is that one school that he could go to… although he would need to catch some trains. Tokyo Gakuen High School is an option.”
Tokyo Gakuen is an all boys school…. Some boys I know go there, but it’s so far away…
There it was again; the voice. I quickly shook my head, violently enough to feel as if I’d throw it off my shoulders. “No! N-no!” I quickly said. “N-not there!”
They looked at me in astonishment at my sudden outburst. “What…? Really? Then where?” The second asked.
I blinked and tried to think hard.
Musashinokita High School… at least I have some friends here. It’s not all bad, but I don’t want to talk anymore.
I felt my heart skip a beat. “M… Musashinokita… High School…” I forced out.
They stared at me, and they looked at each other in silence. “Alright,” the first one said. “We’ll take you to Musashinokita.”
I sighed in relief. “Thank you!” I had no idea where it came from. All I knew was the one I had to find was in that school. They must be.
“You have about 30 days left of school then. It’s June 1st,” the first officer said, leading myself and his partner to their car on the side of the road.
I looked at my feet. “Wow… really?” They looked at me like I was an idiot. “I-I was homeschooled up ‘til now!” I put up my hands in surrender, grinning awkwardly.
I really had to pull that lie out of my ass fast. They turned back to the windshield and seemed to accept it. “It makes sense…” The second said. “To me, anyways.”
“It sounds logical, yes… let’s just get this boy to school,” the first said, shifting the car into drive and pulling out into the ongoing traffic lanes.
Sitting in the back of a police car may seem bad, but it wasn’t as bad as it might be. People might just think I’d done something wrong, but I knew these men would explain it to the school what had truly happened. The back of this car… was kinda cool.
Soon enough, we arrived at the school, and I instantly felt like I belonged. The school looked simple in my eyes, but also held familiarity and high potential lurking in its walls. Leading me into the office, the police officers explained to, who I assumed to be the principal, of my situation. The principal smiled down at me with warm eyes. “Welcome to Musashinokita Senior High School,” he said to me. “I am very happy to have a new student such as you, even for such a short time and on such short notice.”
I nodded and fixed my glasses. “Thank you… I shall do my best.”
“What is your name?” The principal asked, waving at the officers and they turned to leave.
I felt my mind go blank and I blinked. “Um…. oh,” I said.
He stared at me. “Are you alright?” Before I could even answer, he smiled again. “I bet you’re just nervous. My name is Itaru Ryuji. I hope that knowing my name makes you feel less uneasy.”
I nodded slowly. “Yes… well…” I said the first thing that came to my mind. “.... Ami.”
“I beg your pardon?” He seemed confused.
“O-oh, um… my last name is Ami.” I fixed my glasses, even though they didn’t need to be.
I could feel him staring at me, and his thoughts echoed in my head. I wonder… could he be…? And her….? How perplexing.
I looked up at him to find him smiling once more. “Well… let’s get you a uniform and get you changed. Follow me.” He led me out of the office. “Alright…. After this, I’ll take you to your classroom. You’ll have English Studies first.”
I nodded. “Yes, Sensei Ryuji… thank you.”