Chapter 5

Scarlet's POV

Gerard and I had been talking for about 2 weeks now. But he has still been pretty weird sometimes. Sometimes he didn't speak to me. Sometimes he was mean again. I knew something happened to him, so I didn't take it so serious when he was mean to me.

It was saturday and on weekends the shop didn't open, so I was free. I decided to call some of my friends to go shopping. Of course, I called Charlie and Vicky, my best friends.

I met them at the shopping centre and got into it. I told to them about Gerard before, so they knew everything that happened.

"But you like him?" Charlie asked

"Yes! I told you one million times before" I answered

"Okay, okay bitch. Relax your tits" she said with sassy air

"But do you just like him?" Vicky asked

"I think I love him"

"No, you don't. It's been only two weeks and a few days" Charlie said

I just raised my shoulders.

"See?" Charlie said

I know it had only been almost three weeks, but I loved him. At least that's what I thought. I saw hope for him. I know he was sad. Not the reason why, he didn't even tell me, but I knew it. And I wanted to help him. Anyways, I just decided on pretending I cared about Charlie's opinion when in fact, I didn't give a damn. I loved Gerard and I didn't care what people thought. Not even my best friends. They couldn't make me change my opinion, or even the way I felt about Gerard.

We bought many things and still hadn't finished checking out all the shops. What I mostly bought were CDs and band t-shirts, so I guess I was done.

I was waiting for Charlie and Vicky outside a shop when I heard a girl shout.

"Fuck you asshole, they are mine!"

I looked inside the shop and how not, Charlie was fighting with a woman for a pair of high heels. I walked in and tried to separate Charlie from the woman.

"Leave me alone! She has my high heels! She deserves to die!" Charlie started

She was saying nonsenses.

"Charlie shut up!" I said

"I am gonna rip off your head  and feed it to satan himself!" Charlie shouted to the woman

I took her out of the shop and slapped her.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" I said

"But, Scarlet! My high heels!"

"You are a psycho! Stop being crazy around everyone!"

She looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"One day you'll be arrested for public disturbing"

"Nothing can stop the boss. Not even the police" she said raising her arms up

I rolled my eyes and we waited for Vicky to leave the shop.

When she came out, we started our way to have something to eat when I saw Gerard at a music shop that sold instruments.

"Girls" I said " I am going to check out some guitars, I'll be back in a minute"

"We'll wait for you at Starbucks" said Vicky

I nodded and put thumbs up, then headed to the shop where Gerard was.

I stopped right behind him. He was looking at CDs, nothing new. He picked up Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses and stared at the cover.

"Nice election, Mr Way" I said

He turned around and face me. He smiled.

"Are you following me?" Gerard asked smiling and raising an eyebrow

I shook my head.

"I came for shopping with my best friends when I saw you" I said

"That's nice. Where are they?"

"At starbucks waiting for me" I said with a little laugh

He nodded pressing his lips.

"Wanna meet them?" I asked him

"Oh, no no. Thanks, but" he said

"Why not? They'd like you" I said smiling

He seemed very serious now. He frowned.

"Scarlet, please. I said no. Not now" he said bitting his lower lip

"Well okay"

We looked at each other for a second.

"Would you like to come home tomorrow?" he asked bitting his lip again

I stood still for a while. Wow. He was inviting me home tomorrow. I was so excited.

"Sorry" he said looking at the floor trying to walk away

"Sorry why?" I asked

I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from walking away.

"For the question. It's-it's okay" he said looking at the floor

"But I'd love to go" I said

He looked up at me raising his eyebrows.

"Really?"

"Yeah" I said giggling "Shall we give each other our phone numbers?"

"Uh sure"

We gave each other our telephone numbers.

Gerard's POV

"I have to go now" Scarlet said "My friends are waiting for me"

"True, you better go with them now" I said nodding and pressing my lips

"I'll call you tonight" she said

She would call me? She would really call me? I was... Excited! I couldn't believe a girl was actually going to call me. I mean, why was she that interested on me? Nobody liked me so why should she? Mabye I shouldn't trust her, but too late. I was in love with her. And mabye I could have a chance. Have my first love.

"Great" I said smiling

"Good! Well, bye bye Gerard" she said hugging me

I was shocked when she did that. She hugged me, so I hugged her back. It was a short hug but it felt really good, nobody had hugged me in ages. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to hold her forever but I knew I couldn't and some seconds after it would end. I felt her pull away so I did the same.

"Bye, Scarlet" I said smiling to her

She smiled back and then left. I watched her go. Paralized. I was actually feeling... Okay. After a few seconds of standing still, there like a stupid boy, I went to the cash and paid for the CD and later left the shopping centre.