Chapter 1

It had been a week since my father broke the bombshell to me and I had not yet met or even talked to Davidé. I was presently in my apartment with Katherine sprawled out on the couch ogling at the picture of Davidé D'amore on the front cover of a magazine.

"So tell me exactly why you're pissed off at the thought of marrying this sexy beast." She said, practically drooling on the magazine. Really, how could she support my parent ' s decision?  My own best friend.

"I don't love him. And I'm not ready to get married." I replied, taking the magazine from her grasp  and whacking her on the head with it. "What did you go and do that for?" She pouted, rubbing the back of her head.

I grinned at her instead of apologizing.  "If you want him, you can have him." I shrugged.

"I'm not complaining, actually." She purred seductively. Oh, how I wish she were the one supposed to marry him. She'd be really elated. Don't get me wrong, Davidé was  very good-looking but I was not interested in marriage right now. I was a strong, independent woman. I didn't need a man.  

Katherine simply walked up to the counter, picked up the magazine where I placed it and continued to drool over the picture of Davidé. I rolled my eyes at her action. I felt a vibration in my pocket making me reach for my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. It was a text from my father. I quickly opened the text and read the content. Apparently, Davidé was coming in from Italy tonight and I was supposed to pick him up from the airport by 7 PM. Great. I frowned.

"Who was that?" Katherine hollered from behind me. "My dad." I answered, plopping down on the couch with my legs resting on the coffee table. "Oh, what did it say?" Kath asked. "I'm supposed to pick up Davidé from the airport tonight."

"Is that why you're frowning? Because you're picking up an Italian god from the airport." She gave me a sarcastic look. I groaned as I stood up and made my way to the kitchen to get a coke. Why couldn't my bestfriend understand what I was trying to say? I took the coke out of the fridge and took a huge swallow immediately after I uncapped the bottle. I checked my watch, the time was 5:30PM now. Shit! I have to be on my way to the airport.

*

*

I finally got to the airport after an experiencing an unending traffic jam. I found a free parking space and parked my car in it. I got out of the car and walked into the airport. The cold air of the environment immediately made goosebumps appear on my skin. I swore under my breath for wearing a tank top without a jacket, now I was freezing.

I made my way to the waiting lounge and took a seat. The only thing interesting was the magazine in my hand so I flipped through the pages while waiting for my husband - to - be.

*

It was twenty minutes past seven now and Davidé was not in sight. Did something bad happen? Did the plane crash? I pushed those thoughts out of my head and started pacing back and forth in the area. I was very anxious. I told myself nothing bad could have happened and was about to sit down when I heard fluent Italian being spoken behind me. I whirled around to see a tall dark - haired man in black chinos and a black and white plaid shirt. That must be him.

He was gorgeous. I had to give that to him. Almost every woman in the room was staring at him but he seemed unfazed as he only concentrated on speaking to the person on the other end of the line. I walked towards him and stopped when I was directly in front on him. He seemed to have noticed me standing before him but he just continued his call leaving me to stand awkwardly.

"Sorry about that." He apologised in perfect English after ending the car and popping his phone into his pocket. I just nodded, clearly not in the mood to make small talk. I unconsciously put my hands in my back pocket making my breasts push forward. His gaze automatically lowered to my chest which made me raise an eyebrow at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly. This wasn't awkward at all.

"Are these all your stuff?" I stared wide-eyed at the six big boxes beside him. He has got to be kidding me. "Sì." He replied. "If you're talking to me, please let it be in English."

I snapped at him. "Yes." He frowned. I ignored his frown and got a trolley and reluctantly helped him with his luggage. I started walking without a backward glance immediately I was done putting his luggage on the trolley.

"You must be my personal maid, yes?" He called out from behind me as he tried to reach my steps. Maid? What the hell? I stared at him with a blank expression on my face while his face was masked with confusion. "I'm Eleanor Russell." I stopped walking to meet his steps. A huge grin broke out on his face and he pulled me in a bone - crushing hug. He smelt nice, I fought the urge to hug him back but I just remained limp in his arms. He released me from the hug and stroked my face tenderly making goosebumps reappear on my arms. "Mio." He stroked my face again. I had no idea what he said but a lot of people had their eyes on us and our PDA wasn't helping the situation.

"C'mon." I tugged on his hand to go as I tried to process what all that was about. We exited the airport building and he put all his luggage in the trunk of my car. I was about to climb into the driver's seat but he insisted on driving and who was I to complain? I was already tired anyways so I gratefully accepted the offer.

*

"Max never told me his daughter was this beautiful." Davidé said while keeping his eyes on the road. I blushed at his words. I had no idea why, I had been complimented a lot of times. If it wasn't my icy blue eyed that intrigued people, it was my pink lips. "Thank you." I muttered, staring out of the window.

"Look, I know you're not a big fan of this marriage idea." No kidding. "I didn't ask for this Eleanor,  your father proposed all of this." I bit my lip furiously, betrayed at my fatger's actions. So he does feel the same way. "But now that I've seen you, I'm more than interested now." I could almost hear him grin from beside me.

"Look, let's get this straight. I don't want this and I never will. I'll never want to be with you and I'll never be in love with you."

"Well, then I'll just have to make you, cara." Those words made me shiver for an odd reason. I snorted.

"Good luck with that." I smirked.

There's Chapter 1. Tell me what you think. Sorry if it's not good. I literally just thought of everything right now and typed. Guess what guys!! I have an Econ exam on Wednesday :c so i gotta study! Pregnant For Mr. Billionaire will be updated tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for 100+ reads on this. I thought I'd be stuck on 30. whew. *wipes sweat off eyebrows* Your comments, votes and Follows are welcome and appreciated :)

XO.