Prologue

She heard gun shots behind her as she ran, each step taking her away from him. I will either die tonight or be with the person I love, she thought as her hands covered her ears to block the noise out.

She knew she couldn't go too far. He'd catch up with her and take her life away like he had the right to do so, like her life was his possession. She ran so fast that her legs hurt. She thought she could get away. But soon a hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her back roughly, making her back crash against his chest.

She screamed and kicked him instinctively. "Let go of me!" She struggled in his arms, the same arms that had once held her close at night.

"You made a very big mistake, baby. How could you think I would let you go, huh?" His mouth was close to her ear as he said the words angrily. Then he bit her ear, making her cry out.

He placed the tip of his gun under her chin, forcing her her head to tilt up. "Why did you do this to me?" He pushed his gun harder. "Answer me!" He said loudly.

He let go of her waist and grabbed her hair, pulling her and slamming her back against a wall. The impact knocked the breath out of her lungs and she winced when he pulled her hair harder. "I loved you so much. I gave you everything. But you just had to go ahead and deceive me. Why?" He whispered the last part as he trailed his gun from the side of her head, down to her cheek and neck.

She gritted her teeth. "Because you deserve it. You're a sick psychopath who kills people on a daily basis, like it's a part of your routine. You had to pay for it!"

He slapped her so hard that she fell on the floor. "You ungrateful bitch." He hissed grabbing hold of her neck and dragging her up. She struggled to breath. He loosened his hold. "You're so beautiful, more beautiful than the girls I sell. If I wanted to, I could have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars by selling you like that, to someone who'd use you for things you can't even begin to imagine. But I kept you like a princess. I made you mine so that no one could touch you. Only me."

"Really? And what about those other girls? They could have been someone else's princess too! They didn't deserve to have been sold like commodities!" Just talking about it was making her sick.

"It's just business, baby. Pure business. But you...you ruined everything." He tucked his gun in the back pocket of his jeans and caught hold of both her hands, holding them behind her back.

It made her chest stick out and she struggled to free herself from his firm grasp as he stared at her shamelessly. "One last time. Just one last time." He buried his face in her neck and kissed it, making his intentions clear.

"No! No!" She screamed dreadfully, but his strength was making it impossible to even move.

He brought both her hands on the either side of her head and held them against the wall. "One last taste before I put a bullet through your pretty little head." He kissed her collarbone, his head dipping lower.

She jerked her knee up to hit him in the balls, pushed him away and ran.

She ran like hell and hoped Sebastian got there soon, or she'd never see him again.