Chapter 2: Boys V.S. Girls

Edited: 4/13/21

WORDS:
3,106

The bell ring for everyone to go home

The bell ring for everyone to go home. I would've been the kids smiling and jumping up down for the weekend to start, but I'm not. Why? Because I have soccer practice.

I made my way to the girls locker room inside of the school, because there isn't a girls locker room outside, I know stupid. This school only cares about football around here, not that I hate football, but what about the other sports of activities in the school?

Exactly.

Once I got my uniform on, I made my way to the field where I could see the coach waiting for all of us. Once we all were counted for, coach made us all sit in a circle and pumped us up for a scrimmage against the boy soccer team. All of us girls were excited and wanted to rub it in the guys faces once we win. I for one am always up for a challenge.

"Are you girls ready to get dirty?!" Mrs. Jefferson shouts, yelling and shouting at the top of her lungs. Man, this lady has some strong lungs on her.

"Yes!"

"I SAID ARE YOU GIRLS READY TO GET DIRTY?!"

"YES!"

"Then let's beat these boys!" And my team scream and ran to warm up before the game. This is something we always do for the past decade or so to make our teams come together and pump each other up. It's a great way to let your anger out without getting a card on you and your team permanently.

As we were warming up and shooting our soccer balls into the goalie, we saw the boys coming up towards the field. They were running as a team in rows of three, shouting something about team and winning. My team weren't practicing anymore and was just watching the boys running and I figured out why.

The girls were staring at the boys, pretty much distracting us from our A game, but not me. I completely ignored what the guys were doing and continue practice my trick shots. 

"Hey."

I turn to look up at the other side of the field where the boys are and, to my surprise, see Zach from chemistry class jogging towards me. He looked... cute in a way with his perfect wave darken locks flying in the wind, his bright green hazel eyes reflecting off from the sun, and with our boys school's soccer uniform on made him look hot.

Wait.... soccer uniform. Am I seeing things again?

I glanced down his body and noticed that he had on the teams soccer uniform on. How in the world did the new kid get in the soccer team? The tryouts were already over! How do I know this? Because the guys and girls tryouts are on the same day, same time, and same field. We would have one side of the goal and the boys would have the other side.

It didn't take long for Zach to reach to where I was at. I glanced behind him and noticed how all of the boys stopped what they were doing to watch this new guy get rejected. I guess I had this bad reputation to reject any guy who ask me out. I will admit that I do in fact reject guys but that's because I am waiting for the right guy to fight for me. If he really likes me the way he says he does, then he needs to prove it.