Latch [WINCEST]

Latch: Chapter 1

"Now I've got you in my space,

I won't let go of you."

--------------------------

"VIRUS BREAKS OUT"

"STAY INDOORS"

Dean remembered the newspaper and news headlines clear as day. Today, May 2nd, is the anniversary of when the deadly virus had spread all across America, then shortly all around the world.

Back in 2003, Dean's life was great. He had a job at a garage, he was dating a hot nurse named Carmen, and his mother Mary had just moved into a new place that was closer to Dean and Carmen's shared apartment.

That's when everything went to shit.

When he had first heard of this virus going around, this "Croatoan" virus, he thought it just meant don't let people cough on you and wash your hands a lot. But when Carmen got infected and actually attacked him, he knew it was more serious than he thought.

The nurse had come home, complaining that a patient went crazy and cut his wrist and then attacked her, cutting her with the same tool. Hours later, she started to act weird and locked the bedroom door. Dean thought they were about to have sex but when she grinned wickedly and pulled a knife out of her pocket he was turned off instantly and ducked out of the way seconds before she could pounce.

He left her locked in the bedroom where she started scratching the door and screaming wildly while he called the police. That's when he was told she was infected with the Croatoan virus and they had to put her down.

Weeks later, the whole town started getting infected and soon people were evacuating in fear of getting infected also, which didn't work too well since they announced another break out in two more states, and soon even other countries.

One day, everyone in the town was just gone and Dean found himself teaming up with the only four other people left in the state who were not infected; a motherly woman named Ellen and her daughter Jo, who Dean had taken a liking to and considered as a younger sister, a goofy, skinny man named Garth and a shy, eight-year-old boy named Lucas.

The group was pretty functional. Ellen was considered the "mother" of the group, cooking and sometimes cleaning the guns, taking care of Lucas and was just always there if anyone needed a mother figure at the moment. Her daughter Jo stole the food from abandoned grocery stores for her mother to cook and was also in charge of patching up injuries. Garth was the "class clown" of the group, always keeping the group grounded with unnecessary jokes and was also in charge of looking for places where they could keep shelter, like abandoned houses. One time they got lucky and even took shelter in a hospital for a month but then supplies from the hospital cafeteria started to wear thin and they had to leave. Dean was considered the "leader" of the group, always thinking of strategies and just keeping the group safe. And Lucas was too young to be in charge of anything.

It was a small group, but they managed for the whole two years. Pretty soon Dean started to love them like family.

Then things started getting worse.

They tried to stay in one place for a decent amount of time, traveling making it harder for them to keep supplies and cook. But mysterious planes started to roar through the sky and drop bombs. Dean didn't know who was dropping them, but whoever it was was obviously trying to end the Croatoan apocalypse for good. But there was no one in town so he was confused. Why aren't they bombing anywhere else? Don't they know there are other survivors out there as well?

Then it escalated to dropping four at a time and they all agreed they had to get out of town and move fast, before the assholes accidentally bomb them too. They've tried many, many times to flag them down for help but they couldn't get their attention.

And that's how they ended up in an abandoned farmhouse. They didn't know where they were, which town, maybe even which state. They just hopped into Ellen's pickup and started driving.

The farm seemed pretty empty, there was no one around so the farm seemed pretty safe. When they got closer to the house they realized it was occupied, especially when they bumped into a mysterious man. And by bumped I mean he grabbed Dean from behind and pinned him to the house.

He was the first person they met and Dean wondered if behind his hard eyes there was a kind man who would be willing to let them stay for the night but when he was roughly shoved against the wall with a gun to his head he dropped the thought.

"Who are you? Why are you here? What do you want? Are you infected?" The man wouldn't stop with the questions and Dean's head started to hurt more than when he was shoved against the house. Ellen and Garth came running out of the pickup.

"Whoa, okay man relax, we're not here to hurt you. We just want a place to stay, and judging from the clouds there's gonna be helluva storm tonight." Garth tried to reason with him, him and Ellen pointing their guns at the scruffy man currently pinning their leader.

"And why would I let you stay with us?" He asked, taking the safety off his pistol with a 'click!'.

"You said us, right? Us as in group? Maybe a family?" Dean said. "You want them safe, right? Well so do I. Me and my group are just trying to stay somewhere for tonight, at least before the storm hits. Just for the night and we'll be out of your hair first thing tomorrow. We can prove we're not infected."

The man stared at them for a long moment, before asking, "Are there any more of you?" Dean nodded. "A ten-year-old boy and a twenty-two-year-old woman. They're both in the truck."

He glanced at the red, beat up pickup and turned back to Dean. The gun never left his head and neither did the pressure against his chest where his arm was. "What's your name, boy?"

The blond gulped. "Dean. Dean Smith." Suddenly Dean could breathe again and the man let him go. "John Winchester." He turned toward Ellen and Garth and they introduced themselves.

Jo and Lucas came out of the truck and soon John was leading them to the back of the house. Dean's jaw dropped at the sight before them.

The farm house itself was pretty big, but you would never believe that the farm was literally their backyard. There was so much land, some corn growing out of the ground with some watermelon and other foods and crops. There was a water well situated smack in the middle of all the fence that surrounded the land. There were even separate squares of high fence that held cows and there was even a small house for chickens. High, strong fence surrounded the area and judging by the wire at the top they were obviously electric.

There were five other people scattered around the farm, but for some reason Dean couldn't take his eyes off a younger man with fairly tanned skin and long, shaggy hair. He was crouching in front of a cow with a bucket and was trying to get it to stay still so he could milk it, but his attempts failed and Dean smiled in amusement at his frustration with the cow. John must have caught him staring because he cleared his throat loudly and stared at Dean firmly.

"Listen here, Dean. I don't trust you, and I don't trust your group," John looked around the farm and sighed. "But we are low on supplies. Two cows are sick and aren't producing healthy milk and one is pregnant. For some reason the chickens aren't laying any eggs and there's only so many canned food we can eat in the house..."

Dean nodded. "We have some food and water we'd willing to share if you let us stay the night."

"Then here's the deal. You leave right after the storm, no exceptions. You give us food and water." Dean made a noise of agreement. "Alright John. Shake on it?"

"One more thing," John said, eyes more serious than Dean had seen them before. The younger leaned in slightly, awaiting the response. "Make sure your group stays away from my group. And that includes my son you were just eyeing over by the cows." He said the last part coldly and Dean winced. "So yeah, stay away from my group, especially Adam and Sam and we're good. Deal?" Dean swallowed but kept his gaze steady at the older man. "Deal."

The two men shook hands.