Chapter 2

Seiko has been around Toriko for a while, and as much as she can realize: he is a complete idiot. Not just any idiot, a real idiot. In Math, he actually circled the x in the algebra questions saying “Here, I found it!” with a big grin. English? He was the best speaker around, but his grammar… not quite there. He couldn’t see the difference between a pencil and a pen, and sometimes he would accidently use color pencils on his work. He was hard to control, like a big dog who pulls you around even though you have a leash around his neck. Even though with his stupidity, girls still went after him since he was extremely popular due to his looks.  He was considered the ‘innocent guy’. Seiko had no choice but to hang out with him; she was always dragged around by him by force and he was the only thing that prevented her power from taking effect. Though, she must admit that it was quite amusing to be around him.

Ever since he was around, everytime someone else tried getting near Seiko, nothing would happen. No flying objects, nothing. They would have a small conversation and more people became closer acquaintances with her. It was nice to finally be seen as a normal girl and have conversations, but Toriko would always accidently sneak out of the conversation without Seiko realizing… you know the rest, complete chaos.

Seiko was walking around the hallway, not realizing she had lost track of where Toriko had went. Once she saw a crowd ahead of her, she realized her companion wasn’t there. She felt scared once again. One more person getting near her and things would start flying everywhere. She went over to the girl’s bathroom to hide, holding the door down hoping nobody would enter. She looked into the bathroom to find 4 pairs of eyes glaring at her with hatred.

“Hey, you fell into our trap.” One of the girls smirked as they all surrounded Seiko. She nervously glanced around the 4 as she felt she was in an extremely uncomfortable situation.

“Huh, w-what?” Seiko stuttered confusedly.

“We told Toriko-sama you went to the library, so he went rushing up there. All in order to isolate you.” One girl said rudely. “It disgusting how he is attracted to a piece like crap like you.”

“You, what is your relationship with Toriko-sama?” The other girl questioned her with a scary tone. Seiko found it amusing; they were actually going after Toriko? She chuckled nervously; no way Toriko would ever even understand the meaning of ‘dating’ or anything of the sort.

“Huh, you think you are funny?” One other girl cracked her knuckles. “Acting all innocent and crying in front of Toriko-sama to look cute and all?”

“Yeah” The other girl agreed, “Now he is probably just going around with you because of your cute looks. Well, nevermind that, we will just turn you real ugly.”

“No, that’s not right…” Seiko said uncomfortably. “Toriko is- “

“Hey girls, should we beat this attention girl up?” They smirked as they prepared themselves to do some damage. Seiko was scared. This was Toriko’s fault, if he never had approached her, this wouldn’t have been happening. As soon as one of the girls grabbed her collar, some nearby makeup and toilet paper rolls sprang up into the air. The girls, being aware of their surroundings, they continued their business with their victim.

“I am going to punch you real hard girl!” The girl threatened. “This innocent and cute face will disappear!” They laughed as she raised her fist.

“Save me..” She whispered to herself, closing her eyes to the incoming hit that was aimed at her face.

‘Just anyone save me… not, just not anyone… Toriko, just get over here already, you dork!’ She thought.

“Seiko, you there?” The door to the girl’s bathroom slowly opened. Just as Seiko realized who it was, the items nearby dropped back to the floor. The innocent student peaked his head in to check. All of the girls screamed in surprise as Toriko entered the bathroom, even Seiko herself. “Ah, there you are! I totally lost you.” He laughed. It was embarrasing she was asking for help from this guy.

“Huh, what’s wrong?” Toriko seemed confused as he tilted his head. All of the five girls inside blushed.

“T-Toriko… y-you are in…. the girl’s bathroom...” Seiko mumbled. The girls just screamed in embarrassment, probably daydreaming about Toriko. Probably something like ‘He came just for me!’ or stuff Seiko would normally roll her eyes at.

“Oh, they are separated in gender groups? Sorry, haha.” He said with a cute tone, scratching the back of his head. The girls squealed as they forgave him.

“Oh, Toriko-sama, it is totally okay! It is just a mistake, right girls?” The other girls nodded while nervously laughing. “You probably didn’t see the sign at the door, so its okay!” Seiko was slightly surprised they weren’t calling him a pervert instead; this would be a totally different story if it was any another guy coming in.

“Thanks, then, I will be taking her. Sorry if you were being friends with her and all.” He smiles as he grabbed Seiko’s wrist and takes her out of the bathroom. The other girls stared at the door with squeals like ‘Eh, don’t leave us!’ as Toriko left the room with Seiko.

They were back out in the hallway; Seiko sighed in relief. The situation would’ve gotten worst if Toriko didn’t come for the rescue. Though, it was his fault to begin with that such tragedy happened. She wasn’t sure whether she should be mad at Toriko or be happy that he saved her.

“Are you okay, Seiko? I was worried about you. I thought I might’ve lost you forever!” Toriko laughed nervously.

“No, I am actually more worried about you…”

“What? Why?"

“Eh, nothing.” Seiko sighed. He totally doesn’t understand his current situation. He has a whole female army of high school students going after him. His stupidity was tiring, but at the same time, it was also enjoyable. As Toriko continued to apologize, a female student approached the two. She smiled widely as she spoke with a sweet yet harsh tone.

“Hey, you must be Seiko-chan, right? Nice to meet you!”