5th Update. (15 - 16)

• • 15 • •

A C E

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Montereal."

"Have a sit, Ace." which I nervously did. Hindi ko alam kung bakit medyo kabado ako. It is not my first time to face Xel's parents but it felt so different.

"Ace," she began. I looked at Tita Alicia. "I've heard about Xel's accidents before." She sounded sadly. "And I am very mad to myself. I never looked after her, unlike before. I can't take care of her. I can't cook foods and be early to prepare for her. I am not a good mother to her anymore." I heard her sobbed. "It really saddens me when those times that she needed someone to be by her side, I wasn't there – who should always be – to be her strength and to guide and protect her."

I comforted her. "Tita, I know Xel understand why you are doing this. It is for her right? You are still a good mother. Yes, physically, you can't do your responsibility as a parent but you can let her feel that you really love – that you really care her – that much."

"I am very thankful Ace because you are always there for her. You fill out the spaces I left. You protect her, care for her, be there for her. You love her."

Does she know? Sht. What am I thinking?

"Promise me, Ace. You will never leave Xel. You will never let her feel the pain we've caused her. I know that she's bubbly but I can still feel her agony – I know she's hurting – and promise me, you wouldn't give her that, again."

"I promise, Ma'am." She gave me a smile.

"You're such a good man, Ace. I'm very proud for your parents to raise a son like you. They're very lucky."

"Thank you Tita."

"Don't ever break your promise. Do it for me, Ace."

If only you knew Mrs. Montereal, I already made that promise to myself.

I will never leave her. I will never let her go – Never Xel..

• • 16 • •

"Anong pinag – usapan niyo ni Mama?" she curiously asked.

"Secret."

"Psh. Damot." And she pouted.

Hindi ko na alintana pagiging bangag ko at ang pagkaudlot ng pagtulog ko. Kasama ko na naman siya. Halos wala pang beinte quarto oras na hindi kami nagkikita at nagkakasama pero nandito na naman kami.

"Hey?"

"Oh?" Tampo.

"Galit?"

"Di."

Hindi raw? E ayaw magsalita, tipid ng sagot. Ugh, girls.

"Ahh~ Uwi na 'ko."

Nakita ko siyang nag – angat ng tingin nang tumayo ako.

"Di pa tayo ayos, uuwi ka na?" mas lalong humaba iyong nguso niya.

Gotcha! "Galit nga?"

"H – hindi ah." Iwas – tingin niyang sagot.

"Okay. Uwi na 'ko." I started walking when I felt her gripped the hem of my shirt.

"Di naman ako galit e. Tampo lang." she said in a low voice. I took a peek and saw her – with head bowed down – looking at her feet.

I slightly moved to face her. Hinawakan ko yung balikat niya at hinapit papalapit sakin. Niyakap ko siya. I felt her hand – which is holding my shirt – let go and she put it on my arm.

"Sorry." we said in chorus.

Ang sincere na "Sorry" walang kasunod na "Kasi". I said sorry for not telling. Nagsorry siya dahil sa pagtatampo. We both understand why. No more words. No more buts. Just sorry.

"You protect her, care for her, be there for her. You love her."

"... care for her, be there for her. You love her."

".... be there for her. You love her."

"..... You love her."

Biglang bumalik sakin iyong sinabi ni Tita Alicia. I love her. I love her.

.

.

.

.

.

I love Xel.

"Ace?"

I squeezed her. I don't want to let go yet.

"Ace? Okay ka lang?"

"Yeah. Just scared." Funny how am I being honest with my feelings.

"Saan naman?"

"Sayo. Sa nangyari. Everything."

"Okay na ako Ace. Wag mo na –"

"Paano kung hindi? Paano kung wala ako roon? Paano kung –"

"Ssh. Okay na ako. Don't worry." I saw her smile when she let go.

I'll go crazy if I won't see that angelic smile again.

"Mag – ingat."

I heard her chuckled. "Yes, Tay."

"Tay? Do I look like a father to you?"

"Haha. Sort of, lalo na kapag ganun ka magsalita. Serious tapos poker faced."

"Dapat bang wacky face pag sinabing mag – ingat? And I'm dead serious, young lady."

She laughed and said she's sorry. We talked a little more. D@mn, this is a long day to consider.

Too many things to think of..

Too many revelations to sink in..

Too many feelings to look after..

Too many..