Chapter 14: Jacob's Imprint

Dax's POV

I snap my head up as I could hear the Bat's sending me warnings. I close off everything and listened. They were sharing their sight and ears for me. I was, suddenly, in front of Billy's house and the pack pours out, most of them and Billy and Sue followed behind. Billy's strong protests filled my eyes as I see his worried look.

"I don't care what he's done. He's still my son!"

I'm sorry, Billy. I just thought you should know." Sam apologizes gently.

Suddenly, Paul runs up to Sam and whispers in his ear. Sam sighs softly in dread and looks at Billy and Sue sadly, yet angry.

"Bella's dead. It killed her."

Billy and Sue both look at him with shock as tears fell from Sue's eyes, I knew she loved Bella like she was a daughter.

Paul turns to the pack, "Let's go!"

I snap out of my thoughts as I see worried looks starring back at me.

"What did you see?" Alice asks.

"The pack. They're coming now." I say. But, I frown when I see Jake getting to his feet. "Jake." I watch him pace towards to where Rosalie was...with Renesmee! I rush out of the room and take off to stop him. I watch him creep up behind Rose, but, suddenly, before I could stop him...he freezes.

I move carefully and watch his face. His eyes. They were connected with Renesmee's. I frown at his face. He looked shocked and, so many emotions was filling his eyes. I could see tears fall from his eyes. Not because of sadness. It was like he was seeing the most beautiful thing.

"Rose." I whisper.

She turns to look over her shoulder and frowns at Jake. She watches and sees what I was seeing.

"What is he doing?" She asks.

"I don't know." I shake my head, then, I could hear Jake whispering softly and keeping his eyes on Renesmee's.

"It's like gravity. Your whole center shifts. Suddenly, it's not the Earth holding you here."

His heart was pounding like a drum. His breathing came out sharp and shallow. He didn't even blink. It was like he didn't want to miss one second.

"You would do anything, be anything she needs. A friend, a brother. A protector."

I frown at what he was saying and I place a hand on his shoulder. I gasp at the sight. It was like seeing the future. I could see a little girl with brown eyes like Bella. Her smile. Edward's cheekbones. It was Renesmee. I chuckle at the sight of her. Soon she was all grown up. Still, just as beautiful like her mother.

Suddenly, as if time was rewinding, she morphed from a grown woman to a baby once again

Suddenly, as if time was rewinding, she morphed from a grown woman to a baby once again. I let go of Jake once he falls to his knees in awe at Renesmee.

"What just happened?" Rose asks as she tends to Renesmee.

I laugh, "You won't believe it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cin's POV

"If we're going to do this, we need to get Bella to the clift." I state.

"We will. But, first, we need everyone to join us willingly." Mother says as she sits next to Katherine.

I scoff, "Like Sam is ever gonna go with us willingly. Not after what we did to him and what the baby did to Bella."

"If he cares about Bella, he will. We will need everyone's love for Bella if we want this to work. Strongest emotion will call the Element her soul has chosen for her." Father states strongly.

Oriel sighs and intertwines her fingers with worry, "What about our mates? We can't just sit here while they go and fight the pack."

"Once they get all that out of their systems, they will join us. I feel it." Mother smiles gently at us all.

"I doubt they're gonna want to kill the baby now." Dax laughs as he walks in with a smile.

I frown at him, "What are you talking about and why are you grinning like the Cheshire cat?"

"Jake just saved the baby from Execution. Trust me. But, Katherine's still at risk." He says as we all look at Kat with worry.

"They will not touch her. Once he sees what the child is, he'll draw a truce." Mother says.

I snap my head up at the sound of howls in the distance, "They're coming."

(Short, I know but, I needed the room for the chapters. Will update soon for the next two. Just two more to go and I will start on Dusk V)