#6:;MUS'AB IBN UMAIR: (رضي الله عنه) THE FIRST ENVOY OF ISLAM..

EXTREMELY HEART TOUCHING....

As Muslims we seem to be familiar with our Prophet's (saw) journey from Mecca to Medina. We know of Ali bin Abi Talib's selflessness in taking the place of our Prophet at night as the Quraysh were waiting to ambush him. Similarly, we may have heard of the story of Abu Bakr as-Siddiq being bitten by a snake as the two of them were hiding in the cave of Tur – where he did not want to move for fear of waking the Prophet (saw). However, there is one other companion who played an equally vital role in the Prophet's (saw) hijrah from Mecca to Medina. His name was Mus'ab ibn 'Umair (May Allah be pleased with him).

Musab ibn Umair RA was among the Companions of Prophet Muhammad SAW. He was the flower of the Quraish, the most handsome and youthful. Historians and narrators describe him as 'The most charming of the Makkans'.

Also known as "Mus'ab the Good" among Muslims. The drastic changes that Mus'ab (ra) made in his life after accepting Islam gained legendary fame even during his own lifetime, and he was always portrayed as a role model among Muslims for his indifference towards worldly riches. A wealthy and prosperous young man living in luxury and enjoying the best of everything material life could offer, Mus'ab turned his back on all that to attain eternal peace and salvation.

He was born and brought up in wealth, and he grew up with its luxuries. Perhaps there was no boy in Makkah who was pampered by his parents like Mus'ab lbn Umair. He was one of those made by Islam and fostered by the Prophet Muhammad SAW.

His story is a pride of all mankind. The youth heard one day what the people of Makkah had begun to hear about Muhammad the Truthful, that Allah had sent him as bearer of glad tidings and a warner to call them to the worship of Allah the One God. When Makkah slept and awoke there was no other talk but the Prophet Muhammad SAW and his religion, and this boy was one of the most attentive listeners.

That was because, although he was young, the flower of clubs and assemblies, the outward appearance of wisdom and common sense were among the traits of Mus'ab.

He heard that the Prophet SAW and those who believed in him were meeting far away from the dignitaries and great men of the Quraish at As-Safaa in the house of Al-Arqam lbn Al-Arqam daar Al- Arqam. He wasted no time. He went one night to the Daar Al Arqam, yearning and anxious. There, the Prophet SAW was meeting his Companions, reciting the Qur'an to them and praying with them to Allah the Most Exalted. Mus'ab had hardly taken his seat and contemplated the verses of Qur'an recited by the Prophet SAW when his heart became the promised heart that night.

The Prophet welcomed him, and with his noble hand tenderly touched Musab's heart as it throbbed with excitement. A deep feeling of tranquility came over him.

Musab was totally overwhelmed by what he had seen and heard. The words of the Quran had made a deep and immediate impression on him.

In this first meeting with the Prophet, the young and decisive Musab declared his acceptance of Islam. It was a historic moment. The keen mind of Musab, his tenacious will and determination, his eloquence and his beautiful character were now in the service of Islam and would help change the course of men's destinies and of history.

On accepting Islam Musab had one major concern-his mother. Her name was Khunnas bint Malik. She was a woman of extraordinary power. She had a dominant personality and could easily arouse fear and terror. When Musab became a Muslim, the only power on earth he might have feared was his mother. All the powerful nobles of Makkah and their attachment to pagan customs and traditions were of little consequence to him. Having his mother as an opponent, however, could not be taken lightly,so he thought quickly and decided to keep his Islam secret until Allah willed.