Assassin

Christine heard a thumping sound as metal escaped from the barrel, the gun unloading the last deadly spray of bullets that ricocheted along the four dank walls of the room they were in.

The floor, once white, was now stained, rapidly dyed with crimson.

The strong coppery smell of blood filled her nostrils.

“Mission completed.” she heard him say. The familiar click of his gun locking in place as it emptied its deadly contents made her look up.

He was standing in the middle of the carnage, like a towering messenger of death, dark clothes sticking to him like second skin, the ends of his dark trench coat dripping with blood. His onyx almond shaped eyes were wide, unyielding, a strewn of blood staining his pristine, stoic features. On his feet lay a hopeless heap of tangled limbs, bodies emptied of life by a single shot to the head, the heart, the lungs, stomach, all critical points that were sure to earn them a one way trip to hell. The lifeless bodies looked like they were grotesquely worshipping him, their offerings were the blood trickling slowly from their bodies, forming a half inch crimson flood on the floor.

He looked like an extremely attractive Death God.

His hand gripping the glock dropped to his side, but she noticed he wasn’t relaxing his grip, not by much. Not at all. He was still feeling it, the thrum of death in his veins. She felt the adrenaline coursing through him as if she was breathing it.

“Let go of the gun, Yunho.” She felt like an idiot the moment the words escaped from her lips.

There was no way a trained, highly effective, extremely skilled assassin will lay down his gun just because his partner told him so. Christine knew of how much danger she was in standing there at the room’s entrance, but she couldn’t help it. The only sorry excuse for a weapon that she has was her poor excuse for a laptop, which was thin enough for a bullet to easily pierce through if Yunho was to shoot her way.

At his current state, she wasn’t sure Yunho wouldn’t shoot her.

“You ignored protocols again.” Christine added, trying to level her voice. Yunho never turned his head her way. Whatever it was he was seeing behind the haze marring his features or the darkness taking over his senses, it was enough for Christine to just stay rooted at her spot, unmoving.

“Shut the fuck up. The only protocol you need to follow when you’re fucking killing people is to make sure you stay alive long enough to finish the job.” Yunho replied in a calm tone, and despite the deadpan way he delivered it, Christine felt a shiver trickle down her spine.

Can she really do this?

Christine heard a familiar sound coming from the comm receiver attached to her ear. An order was being read, and this time the order was for her.