Chapter 3. New blood & a new week.

(So ch. 2 I really enjoyed typing! I had to try to keep thinking of new things to keep myself interested in this and it worked well I thought. So here's ch. 3!!!)

👉Luka's POV

It's been a week now. Being cooped up in a house is starting to mess with my head. Hearing random noises and then going to investigate it, like in one of those bad horror movies. You can never. I repeat NEVER let your guard down.

As far as I know Linxx is doing well too, considering being still alive. He texts me every so often making sure I'm still on my feet and doing ok.

I've made a new friend too. Ok it's stupid, but my new friend is a mouse I found in my food storage room. After I have it some of my food it just kept getting closer to me until all I had to do is snap my fingers and it would come scurrying out of a hole somewhere. I named it Tails. Kinda cute really.

I sat there in a corner if my room, just listening. It had already claimed 12 other lives, 9 of those 12 I knew, Trina, Dan and, their five year old son, Mink. Then came Sena and Reba, the twin sisters. After that came my neighbors Cindy and her two year old daughter Misa. I cried for Misa, she was gonna grow to be a beautiful young woman and finally Phillis and Rick. They were expecting a child. This thing is heartless. I used to always babysit Misa. She'd always run up to me screaming "bubby! Bubby!"

(Flash back)

"Hey Luka can you babysit her again?" Cindy asked in a tired voice.

"Yeah sure! Ill come and get her!" I said happily.

I walked into her yard and as soon as I got in the door I was tackled by a curly blonde girl. She was only just past my knees, so she just came as a bit of a surprise to me.

She looked up still giving my leg a death grip. "Bubby!!!!"

"Hey Misa! Wanna come to my house to play for a little bit." I asked picking her up and cradling in my arms.

"Yeah yeah yeah!!!" She said quickly giving me a hug.

I won't forget her big bright smile. She was adorable and so full of energy.

When I brought her to my house the first thing shed go for is all the pillows and a few chairs for a fort. Hours would pass and she would always end up curling up in my lap for a nap. I would always carry her home at that time and tick her into her own little bed.

She was a little sister I never had.

(End flashback)

I shook my head and snapped myself back.

"Shit...." I whimpered. Tears rolled down my cheeks and my hands shook furiously.

My phone buzzed and I looked to see Linxx's name.

"Yeah?" I said hiding my emotions.

"I- I think I hear something. I'm scared." Linxx whispered.

"Stay put. DO NOT MOVE." I whispered. I peeked quickly out of the crack in the board on my window.

I looked to his house and something black was circling his house. "Do you have weapons?"

"Y-yes." He hesitated. "W-why?"

"It's circling your house." I warned him.

"Do you want me to come?" I asked with an extreme seriousness.

"N--------" the line cut.

"SHIT" I hissed. I grabbed all the ammo I could and shoved it into my bag along with a first aid kit , food an water. I grabbed my other gun and waited till I didn't see it.

You're gonna die bitch!

(Ik I'm cutting it short but the next chapter is gonna be exciting. Please keep reading!)