Chapter 47

No. No they're lying. They must be lying.

"Tell me this is some sort of sick joke," you stood up from the chair, quickly heading over towards the monitor. Ashley quickly stepped aside, seeing your rushed pace as your hands collided into the buttons.
Your mind was a complete clutter, confusing you into thinking you could see yourself in the screen, but you weren't under the X-ray.

"(Y/N)," Leon began, his hand going towards your shoulder, but you brushed it off quickly. "No Leon, don't-" You pounded your fists onto the buttons, sending a malfunction onto the screen. You looked down, staring at your tightly closed fists, trying your hardest not to emit a screen. "Don't."

The two stayed quiet, watching your shoulders rise and fall, shaking after a minute of silence. "I don't understand," you began, looking up towards the bright red bar on the screen, blinking MALFUNCTION in bold letters. "Everywhere we went, I was told I had the damn parasite... I felt it! I felt the pain, I felt everything!"

"But, you didn't have the nosebleeds." Ashley began, speaking with a tone she hoped wouldn't rile you up.

"Or the strange episodes I had," Leon added, his voice remaining monotone, yet holding hints of reassurance. "Maybe this is a good thing, you were spared the pain of it all."

"No!" You turned towards him, fear and confusion displayed in your wide eyes. "No, this isn't a good thing! I was injected! I know it! They wouldn't go on and call me this Queen of the Crows bullshit for nothing Leon!"

"Calm down," Ashley attempted, but quickly winced when you faced her, mouth open to yell at you. In a flash, you stopped, your balled up fingers going loose when you saw her eyes.

They were as wide as dinner plates, full of fright and confusion. Within your mind, you saw her eyes turn blue, reminding you of Sherry when she was a little girl.

Sherry.

You tore your head away, walking away from the two of them, keeping your arms crossed. You bit your lip rather harshly, almost enough to draw blood.

A large bang sound rang through the small building, followed by multiple pounding footsteps. Ganados found your location, making your blood boil as you heard their Spanish cries.

"We gotta go!" Leon grabbed Ashley's hand, pulling her out towards the other direction. "(Y/N)! C'mon!"

Instead of running after him, your hand reached for your gun, quickly checking to discover you only had three clips of ammo left. Reaching for your sniper, you threw it over towards Leon, who caught it out of confusion. You ran behind the control panel, getting a direct point towards the entrance where the men were soon to enter.

"Go!" You looked back towards Leon and Ashley, "I'll cover you!"

"Are you insane? You're coming with us!"

"No, I'll join you up ahead, I'll distract them while you get her out of here!" You looked over cover, hearing their footsteps draw closer and closer. Looking over for the last time, you made eye contact with Leon, giving him a sympathetic glance. You needed this moment to yourself, to blow off steam, to think, to choose.

He nodded once, pulling Ashley by the arm out the door, leaving you to deal with the men arriving.

Leon headed outside, Leading Ashley with him. He heard gunshots slowly fading behind him, making him hope he at least made the right choice. He knew you better than anyone, he believed, he knew you could defend yourself.

But for how long was what he feared the most.

He came to an elevator that seemed to lead up onto a large platform, looking like a construction area. The hairs on the back of his neck began to rise, recieving a bad feeling about something: the quiet.