Chapter 3

Grace’s POV

A soft breath was against my neck as I was awoken from my slumber. I let my eyes open slightly so I could see who it was, and there sat Marcel whispering in my ear.

“Wake up Gracie,” He cooed.

“Mmm,” I groaned in an ‘I’m awake but why’ way.

“Niklaus, Kol and Elijah are downstairs,” He stated pecking my cheek, “but we can stay up here for as long as you want.”

I rolled my eyes at him, softly placing my lips to his. After a second or so I pulled away from him flinging my legs out of bed rubbing my eyes.

“Gracie,” He whined.

Chuckling, I tied my messy bed hair up in a ponytail and looked down at my baggy top and shorts. I turned back to smile at him before I left our bedroom.

Hastily I made my way down the stairs to the living room where the three brothers sat.

“Why do I have the pleasure of having all three Mikaelson brothers in my humble abode?” I smirked, standing in the doorway.

“We all have our own business to attend,” Niklaus stated.

“Do any of them involve me?” I chuckled.

“Maybe,” Kol smirked.

I rolled my eyes knowing he’d say that. Although ever since I was a child living with them, I had liked Kol a little bit more than a friend and recently he’d made my feelings seem less stupid- but I am now with Marcel.

Marcel was a very scary man, although he could be very romantic and I did love him. His anger was a lot worse than the three originals put together and I knew I had to be careful about what I did in New Orleans. Although I am considered the Queen of New Orleans, everyone’s alliance was to Marcel first, meaning that if I stepped out of line, he’d find out and I’d be killed.

“So what do y’all want?” I questioned.

“Well I need a word with Marcel, about how he’s running my town, and how it is rightfully mine,” Klaus explained.

Klaus, although he was an immortal hybrid, I’m sure Marcel would find a way to kill him. It was rather sad though; Marcel attempted to insist how much he loved me, it was clear he cared more about ruling New Orleans than being with me.

I turned to Elijah to see whether just that glance would get him to explain to me what he wanted here.

“I came to see you, as it has been too long.”

Finally I looked over to Kol, as I knew that he knew that it was his cue to explain his purpose of being in my house.

“Well I came to see whether you truly love Marcel, because if you don’t then you have me,” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. Although I loved Kol more than I could explain, but most of the time he was intolerable and I wanted to kill him a lot too.

“Kol, I love you but I love Marcel so much more. I love you in a way that I would hate to have you away from me, but I’d die if I didn’t have Marcel,” I stated turning, knowing Marcel would be stood there as I could hear him.

He smiled at me softly as I walked over to him hugging him.

“Now Marcel,” I smiled looking up at him, “I love you but if you kill Klaus when you now talk to him, I will throttle you.”

As I let him out of the hug, he chuckled before Klaus dragged him out of the room. When they were gone for a couple of seconds I turned to the other two crossing my arms over my chest.

“So Mikaelson’s what does Klaus want and is it going to result in total annihilation of the planet?” I frowned.

“Not the whole planet maybe just New Orleans,” Kol chuckled.

“Fair enough,” I said rolling my eyes.

Walking over to the chair that the two men were sat on; I sat down in between them putting one arm around each of their shoulders.

“So I’m presuming Klaus and Marcel will be arguing for the rest of eternity, so what shall we do for the day?” I smiled.

“Well I’d like to know how you are so willing to be with a man who treats this town so badly,” Elijah stated.

“Says the man who stood by his brother’s side for such a long time, with what he did. Marcel does his best to take care of the vampires in the town. Just that means the witches get treated like an inferior citizen. I do my best to clean up his mess but what can you do, at least some people are happy here rather than just Klaus,” I shrugged.

He sighed knowing that at least I was correct about his brother.

“I’ve missed you Gracie. Elijah is never corrected by anyone but Klaus,” Kol chuckled.

“Well, don’t thank me. You should just learn to argue better. Or just simply state your points in a better manner,” I laughed.

“Anyway how is Marcel controlling the witches? Couldn’t they just easily kill you both and take over New Orleans again?” Elijah questioned changing the subject.

“Honestly I don’t know. I talk to the witches regularly and all of them are angry with Marcel and the way he treats them, but somehow he is capable of knowing when a witch is doing magic. Is that a thing, is that like a vampire thing I don’t know about? He doesn’t talk about how he knows about the witches but he kills every witch who does magic here,” I sighed.

Both brothers looked confused obviously not knowing anything about being able to detect magic. I didn’t particularly think it was a thing that did happen but I was curious as to what was happening as I didn’t know and I’m sure neither of them did.

“I have no idea. I’m sure it’s not him being a vampire, that is giving him this knowledge, but I don’t know what else it could be. There’s never been anything else like this that I know of,” Elijah shrugged.

“I don’t know either. Klaus would probably know, but I suggest not asking him for a while, as his conversation with Marcel will probably rile him up a bit,” Kol chuckled.