Finding Hope

It was just a regular day at school. No major events coming up, no holidays, just a plain old regular day. 

It was scorching hot outside because we were having a heat wave. It was only the beginning of it. I waited for the clock to strike 3 so i could get out of this classroom that felt like a suana. If I didn't leave any sooner , I would probably faint right here, right now. 

Before I could even remotely pass out, my teacher called on me. 

'' Ms. Johnson , what is the reason that you are looking out into oblivion? Am i boring you or do you think that you can learn and daydream at the samw time?'' Everyone around me laughed which caused my cheeks to turn red. I knew I always hated Mrs. Goode. 

Before I could say anything the bell rang. I thanked the lord that i didn't have to speak. I quickly gathered my things and raced out of the classroom. 

I always hated it when teachers called on me. I wasn't a very social person so talking in front of anybody was hard for me. Sometimes I would even get panic attacks just talking to the cashier at a store. 

'' Hope wait up.'' I turned around to see my only friend, Claire, running towards me. She has been my best friend since the eigth grade,vice versa. She had blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, and had the perfect height. I still never get why guys don't go for her. 

'' Claire, don't run , you're gonna have a heart attack'' I  joked. She laughed and  started walking towards the doors with me. 

'' I was running because I just got invited to Carter Wilson's famous start of the year party.'' My smile faltered at her words already knowing what she was going to say. 

'' And yes, you are coming. I don't care what you say, I will drag you there in your pajamas if I have to.'' I knew I couldn't say no because of the determination she had in her eyes and she wasn't joking. Last year she actually dragged me to the Spring Formal in my pajamas since I had refused to go. 

'' Look Claire I don't do good in places with a lot of people. In case you haven't noticed, I start freaking out just talking to your mom who I have known for four years now.''

She rolled her eyes at me.'' Hope this is our last year of high school. Don't you want to enjoy it?'' By then we were already at my car. It was a red convertible which was a guilt present from my parents since they weren't here for my birthday  last year. 

'' Claire I want to but I really just can't handle the pressure and- 

''You're going to the party and that is final. Shall I remind you of what happened the last time you said no to me?'' she said while arching her eyebrows. 

I sighed in defeat and got in the car. She squeeled with happiness and got into the passenger side of my car. 

I was about to turn out of the parking lot when a Range Rover almost hit my car. I slammed on the brakes and got out to see who the culprit was. 

Of course , I should have guessed. Carter Wilson and his possee. 

Claire slammed her car door and marched on over to them. She looked pissed. 

'' HEY ASSHOLES! ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED US!!" She angrily screamed at them. Carter and and his group only smirked and walked back to their car. 

Claire headed back to my car and got in. I got in and started the car again. 

'' I can't believe them. They could have hit us.'' Claire was still obviously pissed, or she wouldn't still be mentioning it. 

I listened to her bitch about them the whole way to her house and I was grateful when I saw the familiar gates to my house. 

Well more like mansion, but I consider it a house. 

Both my parents were powerful lawyers so they weren't home a lot but the pay was obviously good. Even though they have basically given me everything, the one thing I want is for them to  be home when I get there. I never see them and when I do it's only for about ten minutes or to go to dinner with one of their colleauges. 

I was about to enter my house when I heard someone call my name. Whirling around, I looked into the green eyes of  my neighbor Josh Richardson. 

He was our school's quarterback and was yes you guessed it, the Golden Boy. With his silky black hair and six- pack every girl at school wanted him. 

'' I saw you come in alone and was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit?" He smiled at me while he said it, which to normal girls would have made them fawn over  him, but it didn't give me a reaction. 

'' Yah um i d-don't think that's a g-good idea.'' I tried to say. He frowned a bit and I could already feel my heart racing and my hands getting clamy. Panicking in fear of getting a panic attack , I quickly entered my house and shut the door in his face. 

I breathed out a sigh of relief when I saw my maid. She had raised me since birth and was like a second mom to me. 

Juanita smiled at me. '' Hope, your parents want me to tell you to dress nicely for dinner tonight. You are having guests over.'' 

'' Who is coming tonight?'' Mom and dad had someone over every other week for dinner. It was either a colleague, their boss or a potential client. 

'' Mr.Wilson is coming. And his wife.'' She gave me a kind smile then returned to her cooking. 

The Wilson's were friends of my parents and also happened to be Carter's parents. Thankfully Carter never tagged along on these dinners. 

Right when i was about to leave the kitchen, Juanita said 7 words that made my heart drop to the ground. 

'' Oh and they are bringing their son.''

So i don't really expect a lot of reads on this story cause im not the best writer in the world. Tell me what you guys think of the story and vote. 

Also i need help with the cover page so if anyone is interested, contact me.