CHAPTER 4-His Pleas

Shehzad . . . he's really here. He's really actually here.

But why?

Why is the Shehzad Atish here in Pakistan? A country that he looked down at, why is here now? I just cannot believe that he's here in front of me.

There is stood with all his masculine glory; his tall frame, squared shoulders, hands deep inside his pant pockets—standing like a serious business magnate, elegantly dressed in grey and black, his soft brown hair smartly made; his bangs neatly aligned to the side. His face was as handsome as I had last seen it , his sexy lips smirking at me smugly and his eyes as elusive and mysterious as ever but the only thing that changed about his was that he had grown thinner and he had grown a light stubble.

A part of me wants to rush to him and hug him; a part of me wanted to slap him hard and then cling to his chest and then a part of me wanted to break down and cry . . . while there was also a part of me who wanted to turn on my heels and walk away without saying anything and with an indifferent attitude.

I don't know what I should do; should I be happy? Or should I be angry? And my conscience is dictating that I should choose the later as all that had happened to me because of him flashed in my mind. I stiffened my face and my body and stared at him directly in the eye.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a cold tone. His smirk widened into a grin as he advanced towards me. I wrapped my arms around my chest and frowned.

"You look oh-so-surprised." He commented. My blood boiled. The tears were threatening to prick my eyes but I held back my feelings for him and stood with a firm tenacity.

"If that is all you want to say, then I would appreciate it if you left immediately. I have someone very important coming here . . . ," I trailed off. Could it be . . . ?

"Unless . . . you were that anonymous bidder," I mumbled and then gasped as he grinned at me innocently. That pig.

"How dare you interfere in my life?!" I spat venomously. So he has been keeping tabs on me; the nerve of him. I was fuming now.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Can I not know about the well being of my wife?" He stated.

My brows jumped. "Oh, so it's 'my wife' now is it?" I said sarcastically. He cupped my chin in his hand all of a sudden that send chills down my spine and it made me believe that he was actually here, touching me and talking to me.

 "You look so cute when you're angry. Shame I never noticed that." He remarked. I slapped his hand away and glared at him, sparks were everywhere. I balled up my fists.

"Why are you here?" I asked through clenched teeth. He arched a brow.

"Sightseeing; actually I came here for some time off. But the off thing was that this place doesn't offer ant decent tourism services so I thought that I should stop by your place and ask you to give me a tour of your beloved city." He chided. My mouth literally hung open at his jocund comment. The nerve of him!

Argh. I stamped my foot and began to walk inside my lawn. First he barges into my life unexpectedly and then he makes random jokes.

I heard him laugh wholeheartedly as he got near me but I strode with quick steps.

"Oh come on Khadijah, I was just joking." He said behind me. Whatever; I didn't want to listen to him but before I could get inside the house, he caught my arm and turned me to face him. His breath fanned my face and his light eye, which glistened in the sun, stared at me with a piercing stare.

"Do you hate me that much now, honey?" he said smugly, touching my lips with his finger.

Honey? Oh no he didn't . . . the girl inside of me was getting excited but I dismissed her and pushed him away.