Chapter one

Please remember this is my work so don't copy or use any of it.

Thank you for reading this short story. Sorry for any mistakes.

- - -

Vee stared. The water crashed beneath her, hurling itself onto Dovers cliffs. They seemed to lungee towards thier ultimate end from the hands of the chalk white cliffs with happiness and anticipation. Vee wished she could say the same about herself.

Still Vee stared, unmoving from her spot on the clifftop. She was scared, completly and utterly terrified, lost in her own dark sence of disappear and isolation. She felt as if by the next time she visited these very cliffs she would be offically an outsider, unloved, shamed and shunned from her family and friends.

But Vee had to do it. She had to tell them, she could no longer remain silent of her hearts wants and needs. She could no longer be the Vee they wanted. She had to be her own Vee.

She had to be Leah's Vee.

Even if it cost her family and friends.

Leah: Good luck. I love you. Xx

Vee stared at the text for the millionth time her heart beating faster as she pictured Leah's loving voice whispering those words to her as they lay together, complete in the essence of the other.

Yes. She had to be Leah's Vee.

Turning and decending down the cliff untill she reached the road to the village where her fate awaited her.

Roads she had always considered long seem to disappear beneth Vee's very feet, winding down into nothing.

Her hands trembled, sweat dripped down the back of her neck in anticipation of the hours to come.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Small thatched roofs cottages belonging to the village came into view. Standing perfectly, seemingly innocent.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Muller cottage.

She swallowed.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The key turned in the lock. Muller cottage swimg open.

The sweet smell of spices and herbs filled her nostrals. Her little sister, Lacy, dashed towards her throwing herself into Vee's arms.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Vee. Vee. Your back! I thought you'd never return in time for dinner. And then I'd have to eat alone!"

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Vee laughed. She let herself be pulled into the dinning area by her little sister, who was already laying down the cutlary for the evening meal.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Her parents walked in the room smiles alighting there faces.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Vee wondered how no one else could hear her racing heart.

They sat. Vee stared to scared to move, as if her voice had left her. Her hands trembled uncontrollably and her food remained untouched.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Vee darling, are you ok?" Her mum's soothing voice washed over her softly.

But no Vee was not ok. She felt like throwing up in fear of what she was about to do.

Thump. Thump. Thump. 

"I . . . I . . . I . . . Mum"

Thump. Thump. Thump.