{𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝕄𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕒𝕟}

"I still don't understand" Clary huffs, striding through the Institute hallway, "How can Shadowhunters be better than...than what you people call mundanes"

"Because we protect humans" Izzy explains

"Really?" I sass, "Humans. You protect humans? You left Simon all alone in a van. Great job, guys. Really, you rock!"

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense" Alec retorts

"Alec!" Izzy snaps before I can, "Not now"

The sweet moments we'd had at the City Of Bones were gone as soon as I'd stopped crying and pulled away from his arms.

But it was better this way.

He could continue to snark and sass at me and I could focus of protecting my friends and keeping my family safe.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon" Jace assures us, "They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you both have it"

"But why do they think that?" Clary demands

"Why does anyone think that?" I chime in

"What, our Mom lies to us our entire lives except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the Planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone!'" Clary snarks and I smirk proudly, "What are we supposed to do now?"

"We have to report to the Clave" Alec voices

"Great" I groan, "The fucking Clave, because they've been so helpful so far"

"Hey, watch it, their our superiors" Alec hisses

"They're not my superiors" I snap, pointing to myself, "Mundane, remember?"

"They have to know what we've learned about Valentine" Alec continues, ignoring me

"What? Like, he's our father?" I utter, "Now you're selling us out, too?"

"We're not selling you out, Cami" Izzy sighs

"You know what, fine, tell them, then" I shrug, "What do I care, right? I don't live by your Shadowhunter rules, but what good does that do Simon?"

"It's all connected" Jace elucidates, "The vamps want the Cup."

"Why?" Clary inquires, "It makes new Shadowhunters"

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself" Alec expresses

"Plus, it controls demons" Izzy chimes in

"They'll propose a trade" Jace explains, "Simon for the Cup"

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade our mother for the Cup" Clary huffs, "Either way, we lose someone we love"

"What if I just tossed it up into the air and made them fight amongst themselves?" I suggest, crossing my arms over my chest, "Make it a Shadow World Wrestling match."

"So, this doesn't matter to you?" Alec questions

"Frankly, no" I shake my head, before enunciating, "Mundane, remember?"

"Listen, when you saved our lives..." Clary voices, "I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in us...or, at least, in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight"

"It's true, they were raised mundanes" Izzy agrees

"I am a mundane!" I groan, "Jesus, is this skipping everybody's minds?"