Chapter 24

Chapter 24

It was getting late now. The sun was disapearing under the sea, and the sky was begining to dot with stars. Most of the food on the tables were eaten and only the odd sausage or sandwhich was left on the plastic plates. The fire was diying down, and only a few embers remained.

"Kyle, what are we going to do when the time comes?" I asked unsurely. "My dad can't just watch me change." He looked at me with a half smile on his face. "Your dad has ordered a hotel room for us all to stay in. Once he's asleep, we'll sneak out and hope for the best." He kissed my cheeck, letting his lips linger for a second. My eyebrows knitted tigether in worry, but I closed my eyes to soak in the last of the suns warmth. "What would you do if I didn't survive?" I asked. I had been wanting to know the answer to this ever since I was told of the risks. Kyle sucked in a breath and replied "I would kill myself." My heart stopped and I turned around to face him. "You would what?" I asked in bewilderment. "Why?"

He looked at me with a sad smile on his face and said "I wouldn't be able to survive without you, Jade. You see Clay everyday, and you notice how broken he is, even when he hides it. And his mate only rejected him. If you were to leave me in any way, I would die. It's not as simple as human bonds. My bond is stronger than yours because your not a wolf yet. Just being away from you is torture."

I couldn't speak. To know the death of me would also be the death of him was probably the most hardest thing I could of heard. "Please don't do that. I want at least one of us to be alive after this. I'd hate you to die because of me." I begged. He sighed, "it won't matter." My eyebrows knitted together more tightly. "What the hell do you mean 'it won't matter'!" my heart was racing.

"Because...." he took a breath and turned away. "you will be dead." he walked towards the last of the marquee, which dad and Clay had been tidying away. How could he say that? Of course it will matter, dead or alive I am not letting him kill himself.

***

It was now dark. Stars were dotting the black sky and a full moon glowed innocently onto the beach. It's funny how something beautiful could really be so powerfull. I was sitting on the bed I was to be sleeping with. It had taken me quite a bit of persuation to allow Kyle to sleep with me in my room. It was a desent sized double bed with little wooden bed side tables. A wooden chest of drawers were opposite the bed, against the wall and upon it was a large television. The hotel didnt look very cheap, which I am pretty stressed at my dad for, but I cannot deny how nice it is.

It was 10:45, which meant time was running out. Dad was already in his suite, most probably getting ready for bed. Clay was sitting in a chair in my room, in the corner. Kyle and I were on the bed, intwined into each other. For all we know, this could be the last time we feel each others skin. Emotion were being pushed to the surface and silence was the only sound to be heard. Kyle's heat was radiating onto me, like my own personal sun. I really would miss this feeling.

With death being so close, it made me wonder what would happen when I die. Would I go to heaven? I have never really been a religious person. Maybe hell? Or would I be reincarnated into another life? Or would I just become a ghost and never even realise I was dead? Just carrying on with life as normal, not even exposed to the fact I was nothing but a shadow of my old life....

"Jade?" Kyle murmured into my ear. I looked int his beautiful brown eyes and waited for him to carry on. "You're going to survive this. Your so strong, and we have fully mated. Whatever happens, you must fight it. Don't just do it for the sake of your life, do it for me... For Clay, Cory and your Dad. Just do anything you can to survive." I intook a breath and sat up, pulled my knees to my chest and leant my head down.

"You can do it, Jade." I heard Clay speak up. "you really don't know how strong you are." tears were welling into my eyes.

"What if I can't do it? I would let you all down and it would most definitely destroy my dad. And you Kyle..." I turned my head to him, a few droplets of my tears escaping my eyes. "you would kill yourself - because I wasn't strong enough. And Clay, you would lose another important person in your life... " Clay's face dropped. "it's all up to me, and I have no Idea how I can survive this! It's so... Freaking frustrating" I laughed humourlessly, a few more tears escaping.

Kyle moved towards me, his eyes moving from my eyes to my lips. Our faces were centimetres apart. "I know nothing I say can change this. But please, stay positive, Jade. Like Clay said, you have no idea how strong you truly are." he kissed the tears from my face, moving closer and c,over to my lips. "So long as you are strong," kiss "you will always be alive." he moved onto my lips, moving tenderly. I kissed him back, but gently, afraid of putting in the most smallest of energy would affect my fight later on.

There was a knock at the door. I glanced at the clock, reading 11:30. My heart skipped a beat. Time had gone by quickly, and I still wasn't ready. Clay had answered the door, Kyle had pulled away.

"Jade, we need to go down to the beach. Now." Cory said as he stood in the door frame. His brows were knitted together in both concern and utter fear. I nodded my head sadly and stood up. "is dad asleep?" I said in barely a whisper. Cory nodded and pulled me desperately into a hug. "Stay strong, Jade. Never give up, no matter how wak you feel. You are strong." he kissed the top of my head and pulled out of the hug reluctantly.

We walked silently to the beach, not one word was said. The breeze was gentle and still, the moon perfectly clear. As we neared the spot where I was to change, I noticed a giant ring of ghostly white candles. "You must stay in the ring." Clay said without looking at me.

My heart was beating faster than I could breathe. I wouldn't be surprised if it jumped out of my rib cage right now.

Everyone stopped at least five steps away from the ring. I looked at them for a second, soaking in there faces. Hoping it would allow me to stay strong.

Cory's face was pale, a slight amount of stubble evident in his strong chin.

Clay's face look emotionless. It didn't take a genius to tell he was screaming inside, soft worry lines apparent in his forehead.

Kyle's face was the worst. The destroyed look in his features, the saddened frown on his soft lips and the furrowed eyebrows.

The worst thing was noticing the dullness in their eyes. Like they had all were truly counting on me to survive,

I turned and stepped into the circle. I sat in the middle, facing away, not bearing the pain on all their faces.

"Only five minutes left, Jade." I heard Cory say regretfully.

And I waited for the five minutes to past in the most painful silence. Sitting in the sand, watching the candles burn slowly, like my pain would occur. It felt like I was waiting to be decapitated. In this hunched up crouch on the floor was painstakingly familiar to all the murderous movies I had watched. Just waiting for the worst to happen.

I slammed my eyes shut and whispered "stay strong" over and over again. I imagined the amazing times I spent with Kyle. The carnival, the cinema trip, our first kiss, the very first moment I saw him as a human, and the first moment I caught a glimpse of him in his midnight black wolf form. I imagined the painting I did and the dreams I had. How much and badly I would miss the amazing life I had, and the life I would be missing out on.

"No! I will survive" I yelled in my mind. My heart began pounding in my chest impossibly faster. "I will finish school, get married and have my dream house with my beautiful children. I will watch my dad grow older, as he would watch me. And Clay will never have to be sad again, I will always defeat what saddens him, maybe even hunt down this Juliet. Cory will always be my brother, our sibling bond can never be broken!!!

I sat there... Making my hopes rise higher and higher, my strength building slowly...

But...

Then...

.......Came the pain....

A/N: hey everyone! This is the end of 'The Girl With Red Hair'! I'm so glad you stuck with this the whole way through, and heres a cookie for your amazing dedication. A second book will be made so you will know what happened to Jade and all that. Thanx so much everyone. I am really proud of this book and Im glad you stuck with it. Please comments and vote, vote, vote!!! I am also entering this into the watty awards, so your support is much appreciated! Stay beautiful everybody!!! CrazyCarys xxx