Flawed Introduction

That couldn’t be, they all thought, eyes catching on to the oh-so familiar flaming red hair. It couldn’t be her. Lilim MacNeil had left them long ago, and they could only assume she had gotten herself killed. Of course, this was by Hubert’s persuasion. Cheria had never believed that Lilim had perished. As the monster in front of her stopped and fell, she turned around, looking at the people who had found her. In a place like the Ghardia Shaft, humans were rare to find lurking. That couldn’t be, She thought, cerulean eyes widening. It couldn’t be them. Time seemed to pause, and everyone held a shocked look to their face. Lilim came to her senses almost automatically. They were the ones who left her out to die. No, she shouldn’t pin the blame on all of them. It was Hubert. He had left her unconscious, only being grateful enough to leave her bow and arrows. Her shocked eyes narrowed, and her agape mouth took form of a growl.

“You…” She whispered, her voice low. Cheria was the first to speak, but her senses brought one word.

“Lilim?” The healer questioned her action. The girl ignored her, gracefully flipping an arrow into her bow. The group, confused at her new attitude, put a hesitant hand to their weapons. It wasn’t noticeable, but Lilim’s blue eyes were watching Hubert’s every move. He will pay for what he’s made me into. Nine words resounded in Lilim’s mind. As a distraction, Lilim launched her arrow upwards, and dashed towards Hubert. Her eyes glinted with a lust to kill, the blades on her bow shining as they made it’s way to it’s target. He was knocked back by her force, but was quick. In a flash, his dualblade was connected and he blocked her next attack. Sophie had charged her gauntlets, and slid in front of Lilim.

“Stop!” Sophie demanded, entering a protective stance. However, Lilim wasn’t done. I’ll show them. She thought bitterly. She couldn’t let anyone stop her. Lilim took a new style of combat, dropping low and knocking Sophie off of her feet with a swift leg. Before Sophie could recover, however, Lilim had grabbed her by the leg and flung her behind her, knowing that Asbel, or someone, was there. She didn’t hear the sound of Sophie hitting the ground. Her gaze returned to Hubert.

“You’ll pay for what you’ve done!” Her voice raised with each word, and could be heard echoing off the Ghardia Shaft. The group had decided on a plan by then. Asbel, who had been the one to catch Sophie, interrupted Lilim’s moment. He first held his blade horizontally in front of her, but then he stepped in front of her, his sword almost grazing her neck, and his gaze strong. Two knives were pointed at her back, a bladerang at her side, and a pointed staff at her other. Cheria, Mallik, and Pascal. Sophie stood next to Asbel, confused to as why Lilim would attack Hubert.

“What is the meaning of this?” Asbel asked her, hurt. Lilim closed her eyes, and said nothing. Hubert interrupted the short-lived silence.

“This couldn’t be her. Lilim is dead. This has to be some kind of imposter.” He sighed, watching Lilim’s eyebrow twitch. However, Cheria’s ears picked up something in his voice. She glanced at him for a second, her eyes sharp. She then retreated her knives.

“Hubert.” She started, her voice soft.

“You’re hiding something.” Hubert looked at her, eyebrows raised.

“Why would you accuse me of such?” He was indeed good at keeping a calm composure, but Cheria knew that Lilim would have reason behind targeting Hubert. Even if it had been almost 2 months since she last saw her, Cheria knew. Lilim’s eyes snapped open. For the first time, Hubert faltered under her piercing gaze. It was so different compared to the worried one she wore before. The weapons of Mallik, Pascal, and Sophie stayed, but Asbel had turned to Hubert.

“Hubert?” The way he said Hubert’s name seemed more like a question.

“Should I tell them, Oswell?” Lilim growled suddenly. Asbel returned his blade to her, wary.

“Or will you live up to your crime?” She spat out of the word crime. Hubert fell silent, his lips quivering.

Author's Note: I know my chapters are kinda awkward, I never really intended to post this story. Ah well. Sorry :/