3

Myth:

Pitbulls attack without reason! They are incredibly aggressive! They make bad family dogs!

TRUTH:

Yes, Pit bulls can be aggressive, but they don't attack without reason. As a pit owner, let me tell you a story.

We had family over for a kind of potluck thing. It was my Grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, and Two cousins. All the guys went Down to the shooting rangw, while most of the Women sat in the front porch. My two sisters and younger cousin, who was 9 at the time, were playing in their room, talking loudly  and squealing in that little kid squeal. I was playing on my phone and sitting on the couch a few feet away from Roo, our pitbull. Suddenly,  the 3 girls all rush out of my sisters' room, all of them screaming. They run into the dining room(it's connected to the living room) and into the sun room. SUddenly, Roo, who was once quietly curled up on the couch and runs directly towards my cousin. My Cousin runs to the nearest chair, jumps on it,  and stands up. My mom, hearing the commotion,  intervenes and put Too into her kennel to calm dpown.After the cousins were gone there was talk about getting rid of her, but for our sake, she was given one more chance. We called the rescue she came from. And the lady was an expert on Pitbulls.She told us what to do, and Too hadn't gone after anyone since.

What is the point of this story? I'm trying to convince you pit bulls are good, not evil! 

Yes, I know. The reason why Roo, our normally happy dog, would react with such sudden aggression can be simply ecplained. 

The reason they are labeled as aggressive is because with pitbulls especially(yes, it can happen in any dog breed), they can go from Fear to anger in a split second. Notice in my story Roo went after The person she did NOT know. She was scared by all the screaming  and felt like she needed to defend herself and Us. This problem can be easily solved by kneeling any dog, not just pitbulls,  for a little while so the dog can get used to the new person, without putting Dog or person in any danger.

Pitbulls area feircely loyal to their owners, and because of this, are great guardian dogs for small children.

Hate the feed not the breed. Pit bulls aren't the on

y dogs to attack because of fear. If don't care if your dog is a Labrador retriever. If she was cornered  and felt threatened,   she would most likely defebd yourself. You would do the same.