Brilliant Idea

Chapter 4-

Maiko’s POV

I walked in to Ouran and up to the main office. Apparently since everyone who went to school here got dropped off by their chauffeur, there was no need for a parking lot, so I couldn’t exactly drive myself to school. An old lady behind the desk was reading a sappy romance novel. “Excuse me,” I said, “My name is Maiko and I am here for my schedule.”

She looked up from her book, “Of course here is you schedule, you are to be in class 2-A,”

“Thank you,” I said before leaving the office. I went right into class 2-A.

“Ah here is our new student today,” the teacher said, he was slightly old, I estimated him to be in his late 30’s. He was starting to bald and had glasses, “Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class.”

“Pleasure to meet you guys, my name is Maiko,” I said.

“You may sit in the back next to Ootori,” he said.

“Great,” I murmured under my breath, “I have to sit next to the stalker one.”

I was bored, I didn’t need to learn everything here, I already knew what they were teaching, after all I had degrees in literature mathematics, and science. The rest of the day dragged on, while I just stared out at the garden outside, unfortunately it was bare due to it being winter. There was supposed to being a formal dance coming soon wasn’t there. I imagined lights strung around the rose maze. Ladies in sparkling dresses twirling around there faces covered with feathered masks. Then I sat up straighter, that is exactly what we should do. I accessed my notebook; it had the expenses of the entire club, including a calendar. There was a summer ball two months away. We had a huge budget, I was able change it to exactly how I desired. I got to work on the designs, for the rest of my classes I made the dance completely my own.

I burst into the club that afternoon super excited. "Before it is time for the club I call a quick meeting!" I said squealing before I came in, everyone gathered around to see what was making me do, "I had the most brilliant idea ever, you know the summer dance we're supposed to have two months from now, well what if we changed it. It shouldn't be a plain old dance but a masquerade ball. Everyone needs to dress up of course and no one will know whose who, but you need to dance and mingle all the while. Oh and the guests must also come dressed up and unknown and what they have to do is first guess if your a host or not and second guess which host you are. To prove it they must get a stamp from the said host and whoever gets all eight stamps gets a date with there choice I host. Of course I'll handle the decorations, and your guys costumes, it'll be perfect and magical. You'll let me do it, right Tamaki?" I said, “After all you guys do want to see Haruhi in a dress, wearing make-up, walking in heels…” With each word the boys of the host club seemed to get happier and more excited, while Haruhi kept sinking into despair.

"What makes you think we'll be able to do that with our budget?" Kyoya asks.

"Simple you just add to the budget," I said taking a baggy out, "Now I need to get a clipping from all your hair." I cut of a lock of hair from each I them and immediately opened my laptop and posted their hair for sale within minutes it was sold out to the highest bidder for 2 million yen. "There see," I said, "I just sold your hair for 2 million yen that we can add to our budget!" then I shooed them off, “Go host, I need time to plan."

I had come up with a design for each of the hosts, I decided to make a few of them girls to jazz everything up. I started with Honey; I decided to make him a girl because he was so short, so I designed a light pink dress complete with a matching mask. The dress was loose with a single layer but it flowed down to his feet. It also had short sleeves made of sheer fabric.

For Mori I did a simple black suit but, I decided the mask he was wearing should be a simple black mask with silver trim on the edges. The suit should have tailcoats and he should wear a red rose in his breast pocket. He should also wear a bow tie, because they were cool.

Then it was the twins for both of them I left them as guys. Hikaru was to wear a black suit with a green bow tie andhis mask would be a matching green one with swirling designs. Then for Kaoru’s, I decided would be dressed in a simple black suit, but for the mask it should be a fiery red, with another red rose in his breast pocket.

Next I designed the Idiot King's (aka Tamaki) outfit; I decided to make him wear a light yellow dress, the color of the school's normal girl uniform just with a lot more frills and lace, I was bent on making him hideous, honestly he was so stuck up about how beautiful he was, I wanted to put him into place. For his mask, it was the same sickly yellow.

Next it was time for stalker Kyoya, not that I can say anything about it , I know everyone by face. I decided I needed to put him into place, because now he was a total host and under my complete control. I made him a soft pink dress. It had frills and lace and totally different character from the devil king himself. At this design I laughed I can't wait to see what he looked like in these. Or what he would say when he changed into it.

Next it was time for Haruhi's I couldn't wait for her to see her own dress. It was a beautiful rich dark midnight blue dress with off shoulder sleeves. It was trimmed with pearls and the skirt was layered so when she walked the top layers would move and flow. I paired it with a tiara on her head and a pearl necklace to bring the whole outfit together, for shoes; they would be plain black with a slight heel. Her mask would be black with feathers glued on to it. I took extra time planning out hers down to the final detail, because I wanted her to be a princess for all she’s done for me.

Then it was finally time for my own dress. My final design was a white strapless dress and had tight fitting bodice, while the skirt was layered in white fabric edged with black. The skirt was in a sheer chiffon fabric so it would flow as I walked, exposing my legs and my white heels with straps that crisscrossed up my ankles. I would cover my tattoo with makeup as well as the scar that covered my back.