Tuesday - Ashes

"TUESDAY - ASHES"

"We burn him," a young lady, wearing a bloody school uniform, said. Her hair braided artistically but her face was stern. Her eyes were glued on something lying on the ground.

 "Burn? Like fire?!?" another young lady wearing a pair of reading glasses, which was sprayed with drops of blood, asked. Her hair was short; she's also wearing the same school uniform, and she posed fear on her face--she's shaking immensely. She's actually having a hard time breathing.

 "Why won't we bury him instead?" another lady, comforting the scared one, suggested. She has a jet black hair, and her school uniform was also severely smothered with blood stains. Her face was tough, but there's guilt within her eyes.

"This pig doesn't deserve a burial; he deserves to be roasted just like any other pig of his kind," she spit a large ball of saliva on a man lying face-down on the ground.

"But Mika, that's absurd! We can't hide the smoke!" Veron shouted out, her glasses fell, then she cried. She's still shaking.

From afar, crows could be heard singing and cowing. They were at the back of their school auditorium. It's almost sun down, but they're still there, circling a dead man on the ground, thinking of a way on how to get rid of the body.

"Veron's right, Mika, let's just bury him instead," Ashley said caning to Veron. Veron's getting tired, and her knees were trembling. Some blood could be seen on Ashley's jet black hair, but they still sway elegantly every time the wind blows.

"Where do we bury him? Any idea, Ashley?" Mika asked. She's mocking the idea by showing an obvious look of "f**k?" on her face.

Ashley went silent. "No," she whispered. She didn't really have an idea as to where the body should be disposed. She just didn't want to burn the body; she thought that it's beyond the limit, an utterly atrocious act.

"Well, good thing I know a place where we can burn him."

Ashley and Veron stared at her in disbelief.

"I know a place," Mika, with a blank expression on her face, showing no emotions at all, sternly said. There's a crack in her voice, but she's eager to get rid of their professor's dead body by burning it, burn it until all of him would turn into ashes.

 -------

 In the darkness of the night, three girls can be seen in an abandoned beach resort--chopping off every part of a large man's body. They hacked his head off, mutilated both of his arms and sawed his feet and legs. They planned to place the body parts inside a big metal drum, which used to be an improvised garbage bin, pour gasoline to it and burn it right after.

Veron was just there crying all the time while she was hacking their professor's calves off. Some blood spurted out from that part and bathed her skirt with the redness of it. She cried once more, but Ashley told her to be strong; that they can do this if all of them would just think that they're just slaying a dog, a pig, an animal but not a man.

Ashley prepared a rusty metal drum. There were garbage inside, and she took them out and threw them to the ground. The drum's just prefect; the parts of their professor's body could fit into it. This will do the trick, Ashley thought.

The three of them hurriedly transferred the body parts from the bloody sand into the drum. A finger dropped off . The three of them did not notice the finger--an index finger--because they were all busy collecting the tormented body parts. The finger was then sucked in by the sand, as if something from the underground vacuumed it downward.

Mika, with all the bravery she got in her guts, finally held the last piece--the severed head of their professor in Biology--Sir Edwin. The eyes of the professor were opened and pale, the pupils were starting to turn gray, and they were staring right straight at her. But she just laughed at the head. Veron went closer to Ashley as she could not take the horror and violence they just committed. Ashley comforted her and hugged her tightly.