The Foundation of Leadership is Trust

Secret Number Two: TRUST

If you have ever been to a circus you may have seen an elephant in a leg iron tethered by a small rope to a stake in the ground.

Have you ever stopped to wonder how this powerful beast is restrained by such a small stake?

When they are young, elephants are tethered to immovable stakes.  For several weeks they struggle to free themselves.  They soon learn they cannot escape.

Once they stop struggling a small stake is used to restrain them, because they believe they cannot escape.

All the power, energy and potential restrained by a belief that they cannot escape – the stake only serves to reinforce the belief.

Like the rich young man, the leadership potential of many people is often restrained by beliefs that limit their leadership potential.  Jesus, in a way, is inviting us to trust Him, to trust God and to trust ourselves that we too can be a great leader like Him.  The first step is to believe that you can do it.  And to believe that God will guide you all the way.

If you THINK you are beaten, you are.

If you THINK you dare not, you don’t.

If you like to win, but you THINK you can’t,

It is almost certain you won’t.

If you THINK you’ll lose, you’re lost,

For out of the world we find,

Success begins with a fellow’s will-It’s all in the state of mind.

If you THINK you are outclassed, you are.

You’ve got to THINK high to rise,

You’ve got to be sure of yourself before

you could ever win a prize.

Life’s battle don’t always go to the stronger or faster man,

But soon or late the man who wins

Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

- Anonymous