Chapter 1: Counselling

“Hey Angel” my best friend Viv said to me as she met up with me. She had short brown hair and hazel eyes. She was thin and tall. She always had problems finding boyfriends because of her height.

“Hey” I replied.

“Guess what!?!” she squealed. I always wondered how we became friends. She was hyper and felt emotion’s hard. Everything she felt, she felt it with a passion. I on the other hand was exactly opposite. I never really felt passionate I was always just on the edge of every emotion.

“What?” I asked.

“There’s this new kid, he just came to our school. He is in grade 12, I heard he is super-hot and mysterious!” she screeched jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes “please don’t get your hopes up until you see his height” I stated.

“If he’s hot enough maybe I’ll dismiss his height” she argued.

Again I rolled my eyes “whatever, I have to go and see Mr. Green” I said.

She nodded “well have fun” she said sarcastically before leaving me.

Mr. Green was my counsellor. Viv always left the subject of my counsellor go unnoticed. She knew I didn’t like people talking about it. She also never walked with me there because she knew I was ashamed. I mean, I feel like everyone thinks I should be in a Looney bin. Plus whenever I used to tell people I was in counselling they would nod and mutter ‘that explains it’. What are they talking about!? I mean am I really that unstable?

I sighed as I got to the door with the little glass window that you couldn’t see into with ‘MR. GREEN’ written on it. I popped open the door, shutting it behind me and I went to my usual seat.

Mr. Green was a nice man I guess. He had short brown hair with green eyes and was pretty tall. He sat behind his wooden desk and I sat in the chair in front of it.

A little smile came to my face as I sat in the chair with wheels. He only brings this chair out for me because he knows I like to roll around in it. I know childish but it’s just what I like.

“Hello Angel, how are you feeling today?” he asked.

“Fine” I said as I rolled a little in my chair.

He nodded “is there anything you would like to discuss?” he asked.

I shook my head “I don’t really have much to say” I said while spinning around.

He sighed “Angel, I would like to talk to you about something” he said.

That was my que to stop rolling and come to face his desk; which I did. “Yes?” I asked.

“There is a new boy here, his name is Jace. I would like you to become his buddy” he said.

 I lifted an eyebrow “buddy? Why?” I asked.

“Well you don’t have many… friends and-”

“I have friends!” I cut him off.

“You have Viv” he stated.

I leaned back in my chair and looked away from him “go on” I mumbled.

“Well he won’t have many friends either since he is new. I wanted you to talk to him” he said.

“Look, I don’t need more friends” I stated shrugging my shoulders.

“You don’t but he does. This is more for his benefit” he said.