Chapter One: Beauty And A Beat

I bit my bottom lip. Trying to find some words to say to him before he dissapeared. Found his way onto the stage.

We stood right behind the dark curtains of the club. And Justin was still acting calm. But I was sure that it wasn't an act. And I was about to find out.

I took a step forward, taking Justin's fidgeting hand from behind. And he quickly smiled back at me. His eyes were glowing. As if he was anticipating the performance. The screams and cheers just made him want to be on that stage even more.

I smiled back at Justin, almost holding my breath. Hell, I was more nervous then he was. And he was the one performing for a hungry crowd. And I couldn't help but begin to fade away to the sound of his voice as he tried to snap me out of my nervous daze.

"Layla. Baby." He spoke so gently as he pulled his micraphone from his mouth. His words rolled right off of his pink tongue. And they flowed perfectly from his tender and pale-pink lips. He was perfect. I smiled wider at him, leaning in a bit, looking deep into his eyes.

Past the popstar.

Into the boy I met months ago.

I squeezed his hand with a slight giggle.

"You'll be great." I assured, resting my free hand on the side of his muscular arm. And he just looked back at me with a sly smirk. As if he knew I would fall for it. His teeth shined against the shadow of the spotlight. And the volume of the screams began to grow in the distance.

With a simple flick of his head, wiping the hair from his eyes, he leaned down close to me. Staring back into my pale blue eyes as he snaked his arm around my waist. His smile was endless. Almost like his dedication. Almost like his love.

"Thanks to you." He still smirked through his white pearls. Totally showing off that irresistable smile of his. That disgustingly cute, cheeky grin that won my heart over everytime I got the chance to see it. I smiled back at him, nearly melting in his grip.

I slowly began to lean in.

Going in for the perfect kiss. One that I always got from him. But a strange noise began to fill my ringing ears. A the rigid voice of Justin's DJ.

"Please put your hands together for... Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber!" He nearly screamed along with the fans. The late night clubbers. The celebrities that were invited to help celebrate Believe with Justin and his team.

And Justin stood up quickly, letting go of me. Letting me open my eyes open. Letting me sink back into reality. Justin was ready as soon as the beat of the music waved through the wooden floors of the rocking club.

'He was born ready.' I thought, carrying my shaking body from Justin's side. My feet scampered across the bumping dance floor as my eyes tried to find my spot. The perfect spot to watch Justin. And Nicki, of course.

I hopped up into my seat quickly, patting the front down of my sparkling white dress. The glitter reflecting off the strobe lights of the club. I clenched my hands together, cheering along with the crowd. Letting my hands clap along with theirs.

After all ...

The show was about to begin.

...

"Yeah! Young Money. Nicki Minaj. Justin... Ugh!" Nicki cheered, swaggering over to the other side of the glowing stage.

"Show you off. Tonight I wanna show you off. Eh. Eh. Eh." Justin spat out. His soft, satin voice flowing through the jumping speakers that sat along the edges of the stage. My eyes watched him as he pointed to all of his fans. Touched his chest with his gentle hand.